~ chapter 21 ☁️

We actually end up abandoning the previous movie, Mason convincing me it'd be better to just drop it and start a new one. I don't really put up much of an argument, not quite feeling prepared to face that storyline again so soon and so eventually we end up watching 'Halloween'.

According to him, he doesn't know how we wound up watching (well at least almost watching) two sad movies anyway. And he thinks horror is the most ideal genre to presently watch to stop anymore tears from feeling tonight. Well I guess there's nothing like violent gore to get you feeling that little bit perkier, right?

-

'I'm so stuffed.' I groan loudly, dramatically flopping back onto the bed and sighing.

Mason had decided to order pizza shortly into the movie, prompting pretty mixed feelings from me. Not that I don't love pizza because I absolutely do. But I say mixed, because he was determined to fork out for it. I was insistent I would pay as it would only be fair considering he had paid for the snacks earlier. That and the fact I also wanted to thank him for planning such a great night while also being happy to drive me here and back. But he was against the idea and wouldn't even listen when I resorted to at least offering to pay for half of it. Eventually I had to settle to convince him that our next trip out (wherever and whenever it would be) would be on me and that there would be no arguments.

'Well,  I mean I did try warning you this might happen on like, your fourth slice.' He muses thoughtfully, sliding the pizza box onto his desk and falling back onto the bed next to me.

'Are you trying to call me fat?' I ask in an outraged tone as I lay onto my side to face him, pretending to be insulted by his comment.

'No! No, of course not. You know I didn't.' He exclaims urgently, shaking his head in denial and seemingly horrified at the thought of offending me.

Keeping the slight look of mock disgust and shock on my face, I can't help but grin inwardly when I see he's totally fallen for it and decide to continue.

'I don't know, I think you just called me fat.' I exclaim in shock with pursed lips, watching as he moves to face me too.

'Wait, what? No, I promise. I didn't mea-'

His seriously spoken pleading suddenly stops a second later when I find myself spluttering into loud laughter, unable to hold myself together anymore.

He looks confused at my outburst for a short while until the look of realisation crosses his face and it seems to become clear to him. Scoffing, he clicks his tongue at me but even I can see the smile threatening to pull at the comet of his lips.

'Seriously?' He asks with raised eyebrows, a dry look appearing on his face when he sees me struggle to get my words out from how much I'm still laughing.

'I couldn't help myself, you- you should have seen your face.' I snigger, having to hold my stomach from the stitch that's threatening to form from how much I'm cackling in amusement.

'That funny, huh? Well you wanna see something funnier?' He suddenly asks in an ominous tone, a mysterious sparkle appearing in his eyes.

'What?' I manage to get out in between my giggling at his sudden question.

'This.'

I yelp in surprise when he pounces on me a moment later out of nowhere, now unexpectedly hovering over me and ruthlessly tickling me. I immediately begin screeching in laughter as he targets all my sensitive spots, hands attacking my sides and showing no mercy.

I begin begging him to stop a moment later when the stimulation becomes too much. But despite me thrashing in his hold in a bid to escape, he just tightens his grip on me and resumes violently poking his fingers into my sides. I carry on pleading him to stop but he relentlessly continues, hands only slowing down when tears are threatening the corners of my eyes.