~ chapter 25 ☁️

No, Jarvis Harrison's worst fear of having to help deliver his Biology teacher's baby in a high school classroom didn't end up coming true.

After we realised Mrs Kennedy's water had broke, it actually played out much more calmer than I would have ever thought. Maybe it's because Miss Neroni was there though. I dread to think how we would have reacted had she not been. Anyway once it did happen, Miss Neroni hurriedly helped her over to the staff room and an ambulance (that arrived surprisingly and thankfully quick) was called.

Meanwhile we were just told to spend the last twenty-ish minutes of the lesson doing independent study. Last we heard, Mrs Kennedy had arrived safely at the hospital and was ready to give birth.

Right now it's lunch time and the girls and I are sitting at our usual table in the cafeteria. And while I'm sure the majority of the student body is talking about Jarvis Harrison nearly causing a teacher to give birth in school, the talk of our table right now is also about a teacher- just not Mrs Kennedy.

'I thinks she's broken.'

Piper has been, understandingly so acting odd ever since this morning when she found out her one night stand was going to be our new teacher. She's been really quiet which if you know Piper, then you know is really weird and unlike her.

Right now she's sitting with her arms folded on the table and her head face down and huddled into them. And she's been like this ever since we sat down right at the start of lunch.

'Hey, are you alive?' Asha asks, lifting up a finger to cautiously poke one of Piper's arms.

We both look at her in alarm when she lets out a low and heavy groan, half having expected her to have fallen asleep considering she had been silent for so long now.

'God, you sound like something out of Swamp Monsters.' I wince, craning my neck as I try to peer closer at her huddled figure in the hope to get a glimpse of her face.

'I beg you just leave me alone to wallow in my own self pity.' She moans pleadingly, voice coming out slightly muffled due to her position.

'So it is alive after all then.' Asha concludes, releasing a sigh when Piper goes straight back to silently sulking.

'Piper, come on now, don't be so dramatic.' She says, shaking her head at the blond girl who is acting like she's in mourning.

'Dramatic? You're calling me dramatic when I met the love of my life only for her to end up being my teacher?' She whines as if she can't quite fathom how that would be anything less than absolutely soul crushing.

'Shh! Someone might hear you, dummy. And can you please look up so we can actually see your face?' Asha scolds, looking around in horror at the possibility of someone having heard.

'Let them hear, let everyone hear that I fucked my teacher- it's not like it's going to happen again, is it?' She grumbles gloomily in defiance, still not bothering to lift her head up.

'I sure would bloody well hope not.' Piper hisses, sounding appalled and eyes almost popping out of her head at even the idea of Piper and Miss Neroni going for a round 2.

'I just thought of something but I'm not really sure if I should say it.' I quietly muse in a honest tone, resting my elbow on the table and leaning my chin on my open palm.

'What?'

I look over in surprise to Piper when she actually lifts up her head a tad bit to be able to lock curious eyes with my own hesitant ones.

'Erm, I don't know, just that it's kind of fitting you and her were exploring each other's Biology only for to her turn out being your actual Biology teacher in the end.' I stammer, sounding extremely unsure of myself and ending with a very nervous giggle.