44. The final day

I walk inside Ash's house and slowly make my way upstairs. I push Ash's door open but he isn't in there. So I try my room next.

"Ash-" I close my mouth with my hand on seeing Ash sleeping peacefully on the bed.

But my abrupt stopping does not help as Ash's stirs awake. He blinks at me and then sits up instantly. He gets up from the bed and strides towards me.

"What happened?" He asks  promptly.

I smile and hug him, wrapping my arms around his neck,"It worked. He called me at his base tommorow."

He sighs and wraps his hands around my waist tightly. We stand there for minutes, clutching each other. I pull away and lead him to the bed. I sit against the bed rest with him in front of me.

I hope his hands and rub slow circles on his palms. I bring them to my lips and kiss each of them. When I look up I see him looking at me with a smile.

"You are thinking about something. What is it?" He asks lacing our fingers together.

I bite my lip and tighten the hold of our hands,"I'm just scared. I'm scared that if anything goes wrong you would be the one to lose everything. I fear what would happen, your mom-"

"Baby," he cuts me in a soft tone. I keep looking at his hands. "Look at me. Babe look at me, please."

I give in raise my eyes to his. He stares at me for a second and speaks,"Do you think I'm not scared. I'm fucking scared. I am. But do I want to back up and regret it for the rest of my life? No. I love my mom Lee. I would do anything for her. And I woulddo anything for you too not because it's responsibility or I'm your boyfriend but because you fucking deserve it. I love you and I want to you to have your freedom, I want you to get rid of that shitty place. I want you to beacause you deserve it."

I couldn't help myself as a drop of tear seeps out of my eye. He swipes his thumb on it before it reaches my chin."I know we've only known each other for a couple of months and it's hard to believe that I love you so much. But I do, I love you enough to risk my life just so I could help you give your justice."

I lean my forehead against his and close my eyes,"You don't know how much you mean to me Ash. You've changed my life. You are survival. You've given me a purpose. You've made me believe in having a future. I love you so much."

He pecks my lips,"We'll be okay. I know are plan isn't the perfect one but that's all we've got. We have to make the best of it. We'll be okay."

I nod my head against his and lean back. I open my eyes and whisper,"Will you stay with me tonight?"

He smiles,"I was gonna ask you the same thing."

I giggle and scoot to the other side. Ash gets off the bed and pulls his shirt over his head. I bite my lip and stare at him shamelessly. He throws his shirt beside the bed and looks at me.

Finding my eyes on his body he smirks,"The old you would've hid under the duvet by now. What did you do my innocent Everlee?"

I chuckle at him and stare in surprise,"What are you staring like that?"

I shake my head with a smile,"You used my full name. You haven't in a while."

He frowns,"You don't want me to?"

He slides in next to me pulls the covers on our legs. "No, it just reminded me of my parents."

He licks his and puts an arms around my shoulders."How so?"

We rest our backs against the pillows. I turn my head to the side and look him in the eye."They used to call me Ever. I loved that name. I used to get mad when they used my full name. I just wanted to be called Ever. But when I arrived here I hated it when people called me that. It used to remind me of my parents and I didn't like it. So, they started calling me Lee and I had another name for me."