19. The Party

Song suggestion: The night we met by Lord Huron, Phoebe Bridgers.

********

There is a point in everyone's life where you curse yourself like crazy for doing something you know you shouldn't have. I have reached that point as I am sitting in the middle of Lina's clothes. I am cursing myself for agreeing to go to a random party Ash asked me to. From the last thirty minutes I'm just praying that Ash calls me and tells me that the party is cancelled for some reason or he isn't going. I am not sure why I agreed but after yesterday I just wanted to see Ash happy.

"Okay Lee, you have just two hours choose something," Lina says placing her hands on her hips.

"Ummm... I'll wear this, I guess?" I say picking up a sleeveless maroon crop top.

"You are going to wear sleeveless to your first party?" she asks, unsure.

"No! I'll wear a jacket on it." I exclaime. I never wear sleeveless and I don't even want to.

"Oh. Okay, cool. Go get ready." I pick up the top, a black jeans and my black jacket.

I walk inside the bathroom and start changing. I put on the top and smile slightly at the colour. Ash once complimented me when I wore maroon.

Why am I even thinking that right now?

I shake my head to clear up my thoughts and put on the rest of the clothes. I walk out and see Lina arranging the clothes back into her closet

She notices me and beckones me to sit on the chair. She dutch braids my hair on both the sides and let the rest of the hair ready on my shoulders. She applies some makeup things on my face. I have seriously no idea what they are called. After everything it is time for Ash to pick me up and also the time where my anxiety level reaches maximum.

"Lee relax." Lina separates my wringed hands and then continues,"I'm sure Asher will be there with you all the time. But there are some rules from my side." she says the last part sternly,"No drinking, No taking drinks from others. No funny business not even with Asher and if he tries something you are calling me right away."

My eyes widen,"Lina! I won't do that and neither will Ash."

She sighs,"I know. It's just.... I want you to have fun but I'm worried about you. Please be careful."

"Don't worry, I'll be fine." I hope so.

A text pops up on my phone and I pick it up,"Ash is here. I'll see you later, bye."

She waves at me and I get up picking up my jacket. I go out of the door and descend the stairs putting on the jacket in the process. I have asked Asher to come pick me up at the point he dropped me yesterday. When I reach the place I notice Asher leaning on the passenger door of the car. He looks at me and then at my clothes.

His lips curl up in a smile,"You look amazing. Especially the colour you chose."

I chuckle quitely at his words. He opens the door and I sit inside. He walks towards the driver's side and gets in the car. The drive is around fifteen minutes and we reach our destination.

We get out of the car and walk towards the door. There is not a single person outside, it doesn't even feel like a party. As soon as we step inside I realise how wrong I was. The house is packed and by packed I mean there is literally two bodies colliding with me at a time. Ash places a hand on my back and pushes me through the crowd. He leads me to the kitchen where there are comparatively less people.

We see Blake and Amaya at the corner and walk towards them. As we reach them I hear Amaya say,"If I was you, I would never go for that." Blake just shrugs and continues scrolling through his phone.