8. Bloody Basketball!

I shut my locker and head towards my class. It's Monday and every student looks like they just woke up. Everyone hate Mondays.

After the ordeal on Friday, Percy has not said a word to me; nothing. It kinda bothers me because it's not what he does but I have finally decided to take Lina's advice and not let him scare me anymore.

That is why I have finally got the guts to apologise to Asher and his friends. I am not gonna go and ask them to be my friend, it's not what I regret. What I regret is being so ungrateful to their kindness.

I see Eveleine, Amaya and Blake beside a locker which I am guessing is Eveleine's because she is the one taking out books from it. I take a deep breath and head towards them.

"Admit it Eve, it was funny!" Amaya says with a giggle.

"It wasn't funny for me!" Eveleine looks so irritated maybe I should just talk to them later.

"Aww I and Evan had put so much effort into it don't say that, and wait till Ash and Wes see that picture." Blake gives her a mischievous smile.

No you have to do it now Lee, go for it.

"You did not put effort into it you dipshit! You guys knew I was already scared due to that stupid horror movie you wanted to watch. And you freaking put a clown mask on your face and scared the crap out of me. I was going to die." Eveleine glares at him.

"Stop being so drama-" Amaya stops mid sentence when she notices me coming towards them,"Oh, hi."

Both Blake and Eveleine turn around when she waves at me.

"Hey.. long time no see," Blake says smiling awkwardly.

Eveleine narrows her eyes at him and he just gives her a 'what' look.

"Hey, how are you guys?" I ask fidgeting with the hem of my sweatshirt.

"We are good ,how about you? You like it here?" Eveleine asks, smiling at me.

How can they be so nice to me after what I did?

I smile slightly,"It's good so far..." I inhale deeply and continue,"I am here to apologise for last week. You guys decided to help me and I was so thankless to you all. It's just that... that I never had friends and I did not believe that I ever could have. I know it seems childish but it is how it is. I am really sorry for what I did. I hope you all forgive me." I tuck my hair behind my ear," Please convey this to Asher, Wesley and Evan. I cant face them, I am just too embarrassed."

I look at them and bite my lip nervously. I was going to turn around when Eveleine stops me,"We forgive you; actually we were never mad at you. We were just hurt that you acted like we were clinging to you. But now I understand, we all do."

I look at the other two and they nod their heads smiling at me.

Amaya puts a hand on my shoulder and gives a light sqeeez,"If you ever need us we'll be there for you."

She removes her hand and smiles at me. I smile back and turn around finally feeling relieved.

This feels so good, I finally did something against Percy's wish. This is what feels like when you have control of your life. This feeling is beyond amazing.

********

*2 weeks later*

"For a minute I thought she was legit gonna throw that duster at him," I say laughing to Mrs Porter.

"And that is why I decided not to be a subject teacher. I would have seriously thrown that duster at him," she says, while arranging the books.

I laugh at her statement and ask,"Yesterday was Rosie's last practice right? How did it go?"