32. Sure to the core

Warning: A little mature ;)

********

My smile flatters and I blink at him,"What did you say?"

His smile is still intact when he says confidently,"That I'm in love with you. I know, it's probably too soon but I can't help it, it's so hard not to fall in love with you. And don't worry, you don't have to say it back. Take all the time you need. I just couldn't keep it inside me anymore, I had too say-"

"I love you." I blurt coming out off the shock. A happy laugh comes out of my mouth,"Oh my god! I love you so much." I swim to him and our mouths meet in a frenzy kiss. We both chuckle into the kiss, our lips never leaving each others. We kiss with everything we have to convey our love through it. Love, holy shit love.

Oh my god! Love!

I finally said it, after all the times it was at the tip of my tongue. I said it and now I want to shout it to the entire world. Our breath mingles together and we both can't stop smiling. We pull back and press our foreheads to each other's.

"Fuck, I can't believe you just said that," he says brushing my wet locks away from my eyes.

I grin and peck him again,"I can't believe you feel the same way. Oh my god! Is this a dream?"

"If it is then I never wanna wake up," he nuzzles his nose to mine and I close my eyes at the touch.

I nib at his ear lightly,"I love you. I love you. I love you. I just can't stop saying this to you."

His lips press on my temple, his voice mearly a whisper,"And I can't stop hearing it from you."

We kiss, swim, laugh, tease for what feels like the longest time. When the day nears the sunset, we finally decide to leave. I texted Blake a hour ago to let him know Ash is fine and we would head home soon. Both of us wear our clothes, shivering slightly due to the light breez blowing. Ash leads me to his car and we buckle up. He starts the drive to his house.

He holds on my hand for the whole ride and I keep kissing his hand. It feels like we are this new people suddenly. Yes we already are in a relationship but now it feels like we completely embraced our connection. There's just one thing, my secret. A few days and everything will be out in the open, I can't wait for that to happen.

The car comes to a stop outside his house and we wordlessly step out. He reaches for my hand and I happily give it to him. We both enter his house and see Eli walking towards the hallway.

She stops short when she sees us,"Oh, hi."

I smile at her when Ash asks," Is mom asleep already?"

Her smiles turn sad when she says,"Yeah, you know she's feeling a lot tired lately."

He nods pursing his lips. She gives his arm a reasurring squeaz,"There's some dinner if you guys wanna eat. I'll see you in the morning. Good night."

She walks down the hall and disappears around the corener. I rub his back comgortingly and state,"She's going to be fine."

He looks at me and smiles,"Yeah. Let's go eat."

We sit at the dining table and eat together, talking about random things. He looks a lot better than a few hours ago, I'm glad he finally kicked that douchebag out of his head. We clean up the table and then the dishes in a comfortable silence.

When we are done I sigh and look at him,"I guess I should head home?"

He frowns,"You won't stay for the night?"