thirty-one || you shut me up real quick

here's a little inspo board for the next few chapters

here's a little inspo board for the next few chapters. The song for this chapter is "I've Got A Woman," by Ray Charles :)

Harry 

   "Caspian! My hair is officially ready to be quaffed!" I called out from the downstairs guest bedroom.

   "You're a fucking weirdo, I'll be there in a second," I heard my friend call back down to me.

   Yes, I have friends outside of work. Remember that life I told you about? Yeah, I wasn't kidding when I said I had one.

   I will admit, I hesitated before pressing the call button next to Cass's name. While he was an old friend of mine, I hadn't seen him in a while, and I felt quite guilty about it. You see, Caspian and I had a mutual...relationship. No, don't push it. I don't know why I keep talking to you in the first place, all you do is ask for more. Ungrateful little...

   Anyways. It had been a while. None of this being Caspian's fault. It's just that, when I am around him, I am reminded of that other unnamed someone. I am reminded of the feelings that come along with their mention. 

   As thoughts of that person swept through my mind, my left hand involuntarily made its way over to rub at my right wrist. More specifically, to rub across the broken chain tattoo there. 

   I had caught Finley looking at that tattoo quite a lot lately. I have plenty of ink across my skin, and of course, she chooses that one to procure a fascination with. I'm just glad that she hasn't asked about it. Not yet, anyway.

   I removed my hand from my wrist, and instead, moved both of my hands up to my collar in order to adjust the frivolous bowtie the shop owner, Marnie, had demanded I wear. 

   Originally, I planned to just stuff it in the back of my closet somewhere, never to be seen or heard from again. But I had a feeling that Marnie was the type of person who would somehow find out if I hadn't worn it if I hadn't fulfilled her "vision" and that she would somehow show up and sling the damn thing around my neck herself.

   And so, in order to avoid having my irrational thoughts turn into a reality, I decided to just go ahead and wear it, just to be safe.

   I heard the sound of footsteps descending down the stairs, and I smiled as I saw Caspian appear in the reflection of the mirror I was standing in front of.

   "Finally, I was just about to do my hair myself," I quipped in a joking manner. I knew for a fact that if I had attempted to style even a single strand of hair by myself, Caspian would lose his shit.

   Caspian scoffed and rolled his eyes, snapping his fingers and pointing to the chair in front of the desk.

   People have been snapping their fingers at me a lot today.