thirty-eight || fess-up, finley james

the song for this chapter is "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band," by The Beatles :)

***********

Finley

   When I woke up in the morning, I felt something tickling at my neck. My eyes trailed down to find its source, which ended up being Harry's head tucked in the crook of my neck, his arm slung around my waist.

   If it were any other morning, I probably would have thrown his arm off of me and or chopped it off with a chainsaw, but this morning...I decided to let it slide. I have no idea what time Harry had actually managed to fall asleep last night. I sat there awake next to him, neither of us saying a word, for what felt like at least two hours, and by then, I could see the moon exchanging places with the sun. 

   This was the first and would probably be the only morning that I had woken up in Harry's bed and not felt disgusted.

   He looked so peaceful that I didn't want to wake him, and so, I didn't. I managed to slip out of his grasp, which usually would have been damn near impossible with his seemingly heightened senses. But due to the exhaustion that I am sure he felt, he remained fast asleep, soft breaths of air leaving his lips.

   I really didn't want to have to change back into my dress and heels, and so, I simply grabbed a pair of Harry's socks and pulled them on my feet. At this point, Harry's clothes deserved their own drawer at my place. I really needed to make a point of returning them as soon as possible.

   I tiptoed as quietly around the room as I could, slowly walking into the bathroom, careful not to make any of the floorboards creak underneath me as I walked. 

   I grabbed my toothbrush that I had been using while staying here, finding it a little bit funny and ironic that I had a toothbrush at my self-proclaimed rival's place. 

   I think some of the bad blood between Harry and I had started to fade, and even though I wasn't necessarily proud of it, I was at least sure that our sexual encounters wouldn't cease. No matter how much I wanted to punch Harry in the face sometimes, that didn't seem to stop me from crawling into his bed from time to time. 

   I brushed my teeth and placed the toothbrush back in the little glass by the sink, scowling a bit as I took in the sight of my tired eyes, but deciding not to fuss over it for the time being.

   I glanced at Harry one more time before I slipped out of his bedroom. He was in the same position that he had been in when I woke up, and still fast asleep.

   Carefully opening the bedroom door, I shimmied my way out of it and closed it behind me, tiptoeing down the stairs.

   I made it down the stairs and was in the midst of fishing my car keys out of the ceramic bowl by the garage door when a voice behind me nearly caused me to scream.

   "Sneaking out without a goodbye? Finley, I am hurt!"

   I clutched my chest in an attempt to slow my rapidly beating heart, turning around with a smile to face Caspian, whom I hadn't even realized had been downstairs in my concentration of making a quick and quiet exit.

   "You scared me," I chuckled, "and I'm sorry, I didn't realize that you were awake yet. I was trying to be quiet, Harry's still asleep," I explained.

   "I figured he might be. He had a late-night," Caspian replied, and I furrowed my brows a bit, wondering if Caspian was aware of the paint that donned Harry's body earlier.