sixty-three || smells like teen spirit

the song for this chapter is "Run," by Rainbow Kitten Surprise :) I highly suggest that you listen to it when you read the lyrics in italics near the end of the chapter! This is a double update, so make sure that you read chapter 62 first!

***********

Finley

   The line for drinks took us fifteen minutes to get through, and by the time Lars, Willa, and I had finally gotten our Shirley Temples, Willa needed to pee.

   "Can you come to the bathroom with me?" She pleaded, clearly already a little drunk by the way that she was swaying back and forth.

   "Yes," I laughed, taking a sip of the sweet drink and looking back at Lars.

   "You gonna come with us, or head back there?" I asked.

   "I'll wait outside for you guys, don't worry," he assured me, and I smiled at him gratefully. 

   While tonight was supposed to be stress-free, I couldn't help but worry a little, even after my self-defense lessons with Harry. I knew I couldn't always depend on him being there, but it was comforting to know that Lars would be waiting outside for us on the off chance that something did happen.

   We wiggled through the crowd and mumbled a string of "excuse me's" and "thank you's" as we bumped into shoulders and nearly knocked a few drinks out of people's hands.

   We finally arrived outside of the bathroom and Lars nodded for us to go in, leaning his back against the wall and sipping on his Shirley Temple.

   Fuck, I had amazing friends.

   As soon as we got into the bathroom Will handed me her drink and pulled me along with her into the handicap stall, and I struggled to lock the door behind us while holding a drink in each hand.

   She pulled down her pants and sat down on the toilet and began to pee, and I laughed at her as this was not a first-time occurrence for us. Countless times, Willa and I had lived this exact same scenario.

   "So," she slurred, looking up at me with a lazy and happy grin, "are we going to talk about the whole "girlfriend" thing, or?" She trailed off. 

   Even drunk, I wasn't surprised that the topic had been brought up, I knew it was only a matter of time before she would confront me about it.

   I sighed and leaned my back against the stall door. 

   "It was an accident," I shrugged, hoping that it would be the end of the matter. But I was sorely mistaken, as drunk Willa was even more relentless with her inquisitions than sober Willa.  

   "It slipped out a little too perfectly to be a mindless mistake, don't ya think?" She challenged, placing her elbows on her knees as she continued to pee.

   "How long have you been fucking peeing for?" I laughed.

   She wagged her finger at me. "Hey...the amount of pee in my body is not the topic of discussion, answer the question," she ordered, and I rolled my eyes and shook my head at her.

   "I mean, we like each other," I admitted, blushing a bit as the words left my mouth.

   "No shit, Sherlock. Do I look blind to you?" She scoffed.