seventy-five || ready for takeoff *

the song for this chapter is "Gun In Your Pocket," by Sick Love :)

***********

Finley

   Airports are always a stressful place. The constant hum of chatter and shouting as families and businessmen and college kids try to scramble to the proper gate for their flights. The crowded halls and constant bumping of luggage. The babies that decide to test just how loud their screams can be for absolutely no reason. The creepy men who stand a little too close to you in the check-in line. It's always chaos.

   Traveling with our group of hooligans was no different. Willa kept stopping every five seconds to double-check that she had everything in her carry-on. Lars' sneakers came untied at least five times, Caspian retied them for him at least five times. Alex kept asking Tommy if he was sure we were headed to the right gate. Leonardo kept trying to drag us into gift shops, claiming that he really needed a new key chain, and Harry's jaw was clenched so tightly in annoyance that I kept peeking up to make sure the bones in his face didn't literally snap. 

   "Can I at least buy a new neck pillow? This is going to be a long flight," Leonardo whined, dragging his feet along the squeaky and no doubt disgusting airport floors. 

   "We are literally going to be in the airplane equivalent of the Four Seasons. You have your own little room with a door for fuck's sake. I think your neck will be fine," Harry huffed, squeezing my hand a little tighter in his as he walked. 

   "Fine, but when I get a crick in my neck, I'm sending you my chiropractor bill," Leonardo warned, wagging a finger at Harry.

   "You're actually going to need to see a chiropractor if you don't shut the fuck up," Harry grumbled under his breath, making me laugh a bit.

   "What was that?" Leonardo hummed, walking a bit quicker to cock his head to the side at Harry.

   "You heard me," Harry replied without even glancing at Leo.

   I just shook my head and rolled my eyes as we trudged on through the crowded airport. Leo was right about one thing...it was going to be a long flight.

   Everyone had their own little room kind of. Harry showed everyone the plane last night when we got back, and in the first-class section of a plane that large, everyone had their own mini hotel room to get them through the long flight.

   I couldn't believe we were going to Tokyo. I had always wanted to travel the world, I just never would have guessed it would be like this. With a group of criminals, my best friends, and running from people who wanted nothing more than to see us all dead. How sweet.

   We made it through the impossibly long TSA line, Leonardo and Willa grumbling about how they probably were going to get seven fatal diseases from taking their shoes off, Grant nearly forgetting his entire carry on, Tommy leaving one shoe in the bin, and then awkwardly hopping back to get it before it was discarded. It was complete and utter chaos as always. 

   "Tickets, please," The peppy flight attendant requested as we walked up to the boarding station, extending her palm out for us to place our tickets in it.

   "You know, I have the whole little cocoon thing to myself if you get lonely on the flight," Leonardo flirted, leaning up against the countertop as the flight attendant sifted through our tickets and counted them all.