fifty || things we shouldn't have said or seen

the song for this chapter is "Hands On The Wheel," by Schoolboy Q and A$AP Rocky :)

***********

Finley

   Truly, I was happy for Harry that he had one tonight. But even though I was happy for him, I was still disappointed that I had lost, and I would be totally fine, I just needed some alone time in order to cool down. It just came along with the competitiveness we both possessed.

   And alone time seemed to be pretty damn hard to find in a crowd full of people chanting the name of the person who just beat you in the last few tenths of a second in a race.

   I walked over to Alex and Tommy's pit, where Alex was just now getting out of his car.

   I put on a smile in order to congratulate him on how well he did because even though he didn't win either, I kept my eye on him throughout the race, and he did pretty damn well, finishing in fourth.

   "Hey, nice driving there, slick," I teased, pulling him into a hug.

    "You didn't do too shabby yourself, are you good?" He asked quieter, so as not to attract any unwanted attention from the rest of our group.

   "Yeah, I'm fine. I promise, you know how it is, I probably just need to drive to the party by myself or something, you know, clear my head a bit," I shrugged, giving him a sincere smile.

   Tommy nodded next to Alex. "Well, I understand that. But just know, you drove great out there tonight, kid. You both did," he smiled, looking between Alex and me.

    Because truly, that was all I needed, a nice drive, playing my music, and just being with myself. 

   "Finnigan! Great job!" Lars suddenly called out, wrapping his arms around me from behind and lifting me up into the air.

   "Well, hello to you too, Lars!" I laughed, chuckling as he finally placed my feet back down onto the asphalt.

   I grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to me.

   "So, how's it going?" I asked with a cheeky grin.

   Lars rolled his eyes, but the action was followed with a smile.

   "He's just as wonderful as you described him, maybe even more so," he replied sheepishly.

   Before I had a chance to reply, I heard Willa off to my side.

   "Finley, I'm gonna be honest, I get a lady boner every time you step foot in a race car. You are so fucking hot, come here," she demanded, laughing as she wrapped her arms around me and swung our bodies back and forth as we hugged.

   "Thanks, Willa. I have to say, you look so good right now, I think I may be getting a lady boner too," I teased, admiring her outfit of the night. Grant was gonna go fucking crazy when he saw her. She was wearing a pair of high-waisted black wide-leg jeans, and a cropped button-down little lilac short-sleeved shirt, with the cutest pair of sneakers that had tiny little yellow flowers on them, and satin laces that matched the color of her shirt. She looked adorable and sexy, all at the same time.

   Caspian was the next to push his way over, and I couldn't help but smile as he and Lars stole a bashful glance at each other.

   "Finley James, you did amazing out there tonight, and hey, do you like the jacket?" He smiled, hope filling his eyes as he spoke.