Chapter 34

About a month has gone by since Mark essentially dumped me. A month full of half hearted awkward smiles, being overly conscious of how I looked in math class, and a month of Riley and I referring to Mark and Seán as "devil spawns" just like we used to before the night of the robbery.

Part of me was patiently waiting for a text from Mark. I kept my ringer on at all times, even in class which has led to a few different stern looks and lectures.

Two months passed and I hadn't gotten a text.

Two turned into three and then three turned into four and four to five.

In my time of waiting for him, I hadn't even noticed it but I've been kind of getting over him. I mean, not entirely. I still long for him and miss him and want him, but I'm perfectly happy without him in my life. And Riley's back to her normal self. My life just feels like it did before Mark and Seán were a part of it.

I've said it before and I didn't mean it, I know, but I genuinely think I'm over him. Not in a super conventional way, but I think I'm more over him than I'll ever be.

On month six however, I did get a text that would change my life forever, but it wasn't from him. It was from a girl called Mika in my history class.

A/N: 246 words
Oop