3. The puppy🐶

In the kindergarten, baekhyun was having his regular day.

The smiles on the faces of little children and their cute mistakes were simply paving their ways in everyone's hearts. Baekhyun was busy listening to their complaints and trying to act judge in their imaginary court, where kids were ready to present every favourable argument to support their claims. Their nonsensical yet cute arguments made the atmosphere lighter.

Baekhyun found his heart warming and getting full of Hope each time a little one would pass him a smile. Every Once in a while, the same smiles from them trigger a memory, the memory of the cutest giggles baek had ever heard. The memory of a little sweetheart who gave him hope in life. The memory of her tiny precious soul that- that baek couldn't protect. Whenever those memories would trigger, baek would take in a generous deep breath, and remind himself that it was a bygone. However, no matter how much he would comfort him himself, he could never really let it go. Times have changed. He has started a new life now, but he could still not erase the memory of that innocent, the child he called his own, the child he vowed to protect, from his mind.

After a long day at the kindergarten, baek finally headed back home. He was on his way to the bus stop when his mind drifted off to a particular giant that he met in the morning. How he wish he could meet the giant again! He tugged at the sleeves of the giant's shirt that he was wearing and let out a deep sigh and placed his hand . 'why do I want to see u so much? Why is this heartbeat quickening each time a thought about you crosses my mind? We have just met for once, for goodness sake! Arghh........ This annoying feeling!!!!!'

Baek's train of thoughts was broken when he heard small whimpers. He stopped right on his tracks and  looked around. His eyes landed upon a small puppy hiding itself in the bushes of the sidewalk. Baek's feet acted on their own and he found himself standing right in front of the bushes. The puppy looked scared, probably because someone might have scared it and shooed him away.

He slowly crouched down

He slowly crouched down. He took a packed muffin from his backpack, opened the packet and quietly placed his hand with muffin in front of the puppy. The puppy peeked its head from the bushes. It stopped whimpering  and took it's time to come closer to baek. Finally, after a solid five minutes, he started eating the muffin from baekhyun's hand.

Baek softly smiled at the puppy and patted its head. The baby corgi wagged its tail in happiness. 'How can people be so cruel to scare off someone as innocent as this cute creature?' he thought to himself.

''hi doggie! Are u scared? Are u confused?.......... Me too." Baek spoke in a quiet tone.

The dog just wiggled its tail and stared lovingly at baekhyun, as if telling him that it's alright. A single muffin from baekhyun made it believe in baek. The tiny corgi started making rounds around baekhyun in excitement. Baek stayed there for about half an hour playing with the puppy.

They day started bleeding into the nightfall and baek realized it was time to return home. He looked at the corgi and started feeling bad. The puppy looked at him in a very hopeful way. It needed a home, and it was ready to make baekhyun his owner. But baekhyun felt bad looking at those hopeful eyes. He could not really afford to handle a pet yet. Not that he didn't want to, but his landowner would really make a big fuss over a pet dog. Baek clearly remember her calling cops just because the tenants living in his house before him brought in a pet cat, without her consent. ( It's not like that annoying old man would even give his consent if they asked for it in the first place anyways, duh!)
Baek didn't want to get into any arguments or whatsoever with anyone. 'Lay low, live simple' was his motto. Not like he was hiding himself from anyone or something, infact he was quite friendly, it's just that he avoided troubles.

Baekhyun was really  tempted to just lift the puppy and take him home, but he didn't want to throw the puppy out because of the landlord. He didn't want to just bond with the puppy only to leave it again on the roads.

''No! I will not let that happen! I will  rather leave you alone than to give you false hopes"

And with that, baek got up. The puppy kept clinging to him, licking his shoes. Baek almost melted into the puppy's cuteness. He had a very hard time contemplating what to do. He had an inner war about what to do.

Just then,baek saw his bus arriving. as if on an impulse immediately took out another muffin from his bag, unwrapped it and threw it near the bushes and instructed the puppy to eat it. Just as the puppy turned towards the muffin and began eating it, he swiftly got into the bus. He got himself a window seat and looked at the little corgi.
"Sorry doggie, I will have to leave you here, all alone. I'm sorry, I really am!" He muttered quietly under his breath in an apologetic tone.

The bus started moving but his eyes were trained on the little furry creature. He could see the corgi look around, visibly panicked, obviously looking for baekhyun and looking so lost, lonely and sad.

Baekhyun could do nothing but to keep going with the moving bus, while mind shifting between the thoughts of the lost puppy and a particular giant whose clothes on his body released a manly scent that gave baekhyun a weird feeling in his heart..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Who is that mysterious child?
And what will happen to the puppy? I am
curious. Are you curious too?

Word count: 1017

Date of publishing: February 25, 2021