7. Beginnings ✨

"I'm so sor------------- B-baekhyun-shi?"

Chanyeol's shocked expression was replicated by the brunette in front of him. Both the males kept staring at each other wordlessly.

Baekhyun was the first one to get out of the trance as he greeted the taller in a timid tone.

"H-hey"

"Hi! We meet again!!" Chanyeol's voice had a newfound enthusiasm.

"Yeah, looks like bumping as a greeting is our thing now".

"Agreed!" At this point, the giant was already grinning ear to ear, all the previous events quickly forgotten.

"So, how have you been?"

"I've been doing great, and you?"

"Well, same old normal routine, so I could say I'm good as well.", The brunette smiled.

"Out so late?"

"Well, I could ask you the same!" Baek replied, jokingly.

"But, hey, I asked first!"

"Just kidding. I just returned after doing the groceries. Just going back home. Now your turn." Baek answered while lifting his groceries bag so as to emphasize his statement.

"I was out on a night stroll and here I met you again. Last time, you left in a hurry and didn't even exchange the phone number. So, I kinda missed you." Chanyeol mumbled the last sentence. Baek faintly registered the 'miss' word.

"Miss? Who missed whom?"

Chanyeol panicked. No, he couldn't just let baekhyun know that. It was still too early. He needed a quick save.

"M-mongryong. Yeah! Mongryongie missed you." In his mind, chanyeol already thanked the little corgi for existing so that he could use his name in such a situation.

"Owww.............I miss him too. I'm so sorry, that day I was really in a hurry. My landlord closes the doors exactly at 10 pm and does not open it after that even if I request him and bang the door many times. He's one grumpy old man, you know? Hey wait! Talking about the time, I need to get going so that I can be on time today as well." Baekhyun's expressions, however were polar opposite of what he was saying because they were screaming his unwillingness to actually walk away.

"Well, since I'm taking a walk anyways, so maybe I could walk you back and we could catch up on our talks while we're at it. If you don't mind my company, that is."

"Ummmmm..........sure?"

"Why so uncertain?"

"Not my mistake, we aren't really friends," Baek noticed how chanyeol's smile quickly dropped on hearing his words, so he was quick to improvise his statement by adding a quick "yet" athe end of it.

And that made chanyeol's face light up once again.

"That shouldn't be a problem because we can start right now and here and try to befriend each other. How about it?"

"Sounds good," Baekhyun beamed.

"Actually I thought about you alot these past three days. I mean, I figured out that you might want to know about Mongryong's whereabouts, but I didn't have your number so I had no idea about how to contact you. I wondered if I'll even get to see you ever again."

"Yeah, I only realized that I forgot to exchange numbers with you when I had already reached the apartment. We decided on being Mongryong's caretakers together but I didn't even know anything about you. Silly me!" No, baekhyun was not going to tell chanyeol how he spent that entire night cussing at himself for not sharing contacts. Nor was he going to tell him how his brain kept thinking about him 24/7. And he was absolutely NOT gonna talk about how his heart was doing backflips right now that the taller was walking beside him while blessing his ears with his deep baritone voice. No, he isn't going to be vocal about that. Nah!