16. Sweet lies🤫

🦋
Heya beautiful people!

Today's menu: fluff, because chanbaek need some fluff here in order to get some lovey dovey and romantic in the upcoming chapters😙

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a few days now since that shower incident. Surprisingly, and also quite fortunately, things were still comfortable between the both guys.

Chanyeol's arm was much more better than before and baekhyun too had started to get dangerously comfortable with the apartment. Why dangerous? Because dude almost came out of his room only in his boxers while rubbing his nape absentmindedly. It was only until his eyes landed on a very shocked (and not to forget, red) chanyeol that he got conscious about his appearance and surroundings and took a quick stride back to his room while yelling loud incoherent apologies and 'ohmygawds'. Poor channie had to gulp down a whole bottle of water to cool his burning cheeks down.

An even more dangerous 'accident' could have had happened if chanyeol would have not been focused on a phonecall when baekhyun wetted his shirt and shorts while washing dishes and as a reflex he was about to pull his shorts down to get rid of that uncomfortable soaked feeling. Only when he turned around and saw chanyeol side-facing him, did his hand stop Midway from pulling his shorts and boxers down in same go. Lucky for him (and maybe not so lucky for chanyeol), the tall guy was too immersed in his talk that he  missed out on the visible milky Rosy skin covering those prominent hip bones leading to the starting of the midget's manhood. Baekhyun had immediately pulled his hand (and shorts) back and turned around before slapping himself in the face while cursing at his own self for being so reckless while being in someone's else's house.

Don't get our baekhyun wrong. He's not a pervert or something who goes around walking half naked. It's just that the boy is too obsessed with the feeling of freedom when there's no unnecessary layer of fabric over his body. The fine working boiler in the taller's apartment was no less of a culprit in making the temperature so comfortable and making him unconsciously want to strip himself off clothing.

Phew! Those were close Calls! Baek had childed himself over and over again for them. And now he was trying to be as careful as he could while chanyeol was around. He did kinda turn out to be successful in holding himself back from doing more embarrassing things that could get him kicked out.

(A/N: it's not like Chan will let u go that easily baek, duh!)

Talking about the elf ears, he was not-so-secretly loving having the shortie around the house. Neither could he ever hide his fond smile, nor the hue of pink peeking through his cheeks whenever baek would make a supposedly casual gesture that would fill his heart with warmth.

The night of their 'shower' was followed by a week of baekhyun regularly inquiring about the condition of the taller's arm along with the everyday application of ointments and reminders to take medicines. It's not like chanyeol's hyungs didn't care about him, they did text him frequently to check up on him. But still, the feeling of having someone by his side 24/7 to look out for him was something new to chanyeol and not very strangely enough, he had started to find immense comfort in this new feeling.

The other day when chanyeol was busy with his 'work' and almost forgot about the midget and everything while  being consumed with the plans of their new illegal weapon  supply from China, he returned back home to an endearing sight- the short guy was lying in an uncomfortable position on the couch facing the door of the apartment. When chanyeol tried to change his position to a more comfortable one, baekhyun had stirred awake only to quickly ask chanyeol if he had already eaten. A few minutes later, chanyeol found himself sitting on the dining table patiently waiting for his food while fondly eyeing the brunette's back, who was busy reheating the food. In full honesty, chanyeol had neither expected nor wanted for the other guy to go through such hassle all because of him. But even then, now when he was feeling so homely in the care of baekhyun, he couldn't bring himself to complain against the smaller staying up until late only because of him.