12. Sneaking: the behind story 🧐

🦋

First of all, let me extend a quick, warm, sweet, loving welcome to the beauties DIDI0805, meilani6104,and xing_xing_ to our reader club.🥳🥳🥳🥳🥳 Thanks alot for voting on this story and becoming our chocopies. May my crackhead energy transfer to you guys as well🤭. I hope I'm able to help you out of boredom, although a little, with my story.

Remember that Mongryong ended up in baekhyun's house because of chanyeol's urgent 'work call'? Yes, so today we will know what made chanyeol disappear and go out of reach throughout the time baekhyun was in the hospital taking care of Mongryong. Chanyeol's POV here starts from when both he and baek were waiting at the hospital for Mongryong to wake up.

.

.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chanyeol POV

Spending time together with baekhyun felt just right. I never had felt so comfortable around someone before, so much as to let myself relax and simply enjoy that one moment, not worrying about my weapons, my underlings,my enemies, and my own inhumane self.

When my phone rang and I saw sehun's name flashing on the screen, for the first time in my life I prayed for it to not be a call about something going haywire once again. I was enjoying here!!

But no one seemed to answer my prayers because as soon as I clicked the answer button, sehun's panicked voice met my ears. Something had to be very messed up for sehun to ever get panicked, and so I knew it was something serious now and no matter what I had to get into business right at that moment.

"Hyung, you sent taeyong and jaehyun on a leave to recover, right? Today when taeyong was finally discharged from the hospital and they were both returning home, their car was crushed by a truck. At first it seemed like an accident, but when Kai hacked into the public systems and checked the CCTV footage, it was obvious that everything was intentional. We highly doubt it is some enemy gang again. Hyung, you know, both the boys are here in the hospital undergoing surgeries right now, but things don't seem to be very pretty. The boys are worried, angry and clueless at the same time right now. They need you here, hyung. Come over fast. I'll text you the address."

My blood was much more than just boiling. No one dares to harm the guys under my shelter. Especially Not those loyal kids!!! Whoever has done it will have to pay with their lives for having the courage to stand up against me.

I don't remember how I managed to act all normal and nice to baekhyun while telling him goodbye because my insides were all burning with anger. All I know is that I somehow ended up in the hospital to check up on the boys.

They were still both in the operating rooms. The other guys were all filling up the corridor with worried faces and an emotionally messed up state. I went in and they all stood up. Seeing me, their faces showed some relaxation indicating a kind of surity that things were gonna get better. And that once again made my pride of having them as my underlings stronger for I realized how they invested their faith and loyalty in me.

But never once am I going to let them know that I'm willing to be their shoulder to lean on. I have to act cold and distant if I want them to become stronger for themselves.

And that's exactly how I spoke right then- indifferently and sternly.
"What are you all, crybabies, huh? Look at your grown ass selves looking terrible right now. Remember WHO you are!" Ofcourse I wasn't gonna yell out loud that we are mafias for the world to know. Hearing me made them somehow collect their messed up selves and I took it as my cue to command "haechan, win-win, take them all home, just leave mark and yuta here." Then I looked back at them all," if u wanna come here and stay with Jaehyun and taeyong then go home and get yourselves together first. I only want emotionally strong people staying to share strength to taeyong and jaehyun here. If you have to cry, do it at home, not around them."