11. Sneaking 🤫🤭

🦋

Happy July

Hope you can have a wonderful second half of the year. Let us all pray together that all the sufferings we faced, and all the people we lost to covid in the first half of the year does not repeat in the second half as well.

Let us all pray together for peace on the planet.✨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When chanyeol and baekhyun returned back home from the park, they were both startled at what they saw. The floor looked like a crime scene. The milk from Mongryong's bowl was spilled on the floor. The traces of milk led further inside the apartment. Both the boys followed the trail of milk only to be met with a very heart clenching sight.

Mongryong was unconscious with a pool of vomit near where he was lying. Baekhyun immediately rushed to his side and picked the little doggie from the floor.  He patted his tiny head trying to wake him up but to no avail. He looked up towards chanyeol with glistening eyes. Chanyeol wasted no time in opening the apartment door back open and motioning baek to come out with him. Then, both of the boys rushed to the car and headed to the veterinarian clinic with their little puppy in baekhyun's arms throughout their ride.

About ten minutes later, they were standing near a checkup bed with Mongryong lying on it while a doctor checked up on the fluffball. After running various tests on the corgi, the doctor finally spoke up.

"What did you feed him before he got sick?"

"Dogfood, pedigree. And also some milk." Chanyeol spoke with slight panic evident in his tone.

"Hmm. That quite explains the situation...." The young doctor looked up to the two worried male's faces and offered a sweet smile. "Don't worry, it must have been lactose intolerance- The allergy from dairy milk. I guess there must have been some changes in his food about the milk? Were you giving him the same milk before as well?"

Both Baekhyun and the doctor set their eyes on chanyeol waiting for a response. After a little thought, chanyeol finally figured where he went wrong.

"Now I remember! I tried going vegan for a while. So I had been drinking soy milk for the past two weeks. Mongryong came to me within that time frame, so he was drinking soy milk along with me. But yesterday evening, I felt like buying a little bit of dairy milk for Mongryong. I thought it would be healthier for him. But I guess I was completely wrong." Chanyeol made a very slight pout at the end of his statement which almost made baekhyun coo.

"Don't be sad, sir. It's alright. Lactose intolerance isn't very uncommon. I have given the necessary medicines to your pet, you can take him home in a while. But because he is still unconscious, I will have to observe him for  some time until he wakes up. You don't mind staying here until then, do you?"

"Ofcourse not!" The boys said in a unison, then looked at each other and shared a smile of relief.

"Okay then, sir. I'll take my leave. Stay here with your pet and call for me once he gets up."
With that the animal doctor bowed to the duo and got going.

Baekhyun and chanyeol were both sitting on the chairs near the where Mongryong was lying for almost an hour now. Their talks kept going on and off about random topics. Both were loving the feel, calmness and uneventful happiness of their moments together. None of them could recall even a single day in their lives where they had been as comfortable and complete in the company of a 'friend' as they were right then. Both could confidently swear that they loved each other's company.

But. But. But. There is something in the universe that your happiest moments always have to end up being interrupted by random things. In this case, that honourable random thing was the sound of the ring of chanyeol's  cellphone that interrupted their time together.