I Would Never Admit It

Me and Draco didn't talk much for the rest of the holidays - this awkward tension loomed over us. On the second to last day I did receive a gift from him - a dior gift set. I took it as his way of indicating we are okay.

I packed for hogwarts and and went back on the monday. I watched as other Beauxbatons students ran towards hogwarts students they had missed, pairs of friends jumping around each other as if it had not just been two weeks apart.

As I stood with a bag in hand outside of the carriage I made eye contact with Harry. He stopped looking around for a second to hold eye contact with me, neither of us sure if the other would approach to say hi. Ron and Hermione were nowhere to be seen. Is now the time to say I can't hang out with him anymore? Should I say anything or will he just get it? This eye contact was lasting too long and becoming too uncomfortable - I was the first to look away.

Moments later a burst of students came from the great hall outside, where I saw Pansy half run up to me, trying to keep her composure.

"Pansy!" I said, dropped my bags and hugging her.

"Gosh, that was the longest holiday ever! I hate it at home you know, everyone is so stuffy." She said while hugging me back.

"I should have asked your address before I left, I could've written you!"

"You are probably lucky you didn't - I spammed poor Blaise here with daily updates of how bored I was."

"That is an underexaduration." Blaise agreed. Draco was behind him, stood tall with his hands in his pockets. In some ways I dreaded seeing him - afraid that the awkwardness was going to be carried into Hogwarts. Now that I was here though, I was grateful to see him even if it was awkward.

"It's no use, we have lost her attention." Pansy said, sounding distant. I snapped out of my Haze and turned to face them again.

"Pardon?"

"Blaise was telling you that his family thought he had somehow gotten famous this year because of the amount of letter he was getting. It's not that interesting anyway, I'm sure you two want us to leave you alone for a few minutes."

"Excuse you, I am very interesting." Blaise counteracted. Pansy hushed him, grabbed him by his sleeve and dragged him away. I couldn't help but to giggle at those two.

"I am glad the holidays are over you know." Draco said. I looked away from Blaise and Pansy and back to him.

"And why is that?"

"Pansy is right - they are boring. You never told me if you are an only child or not."

"I am."

"Then you get it - big empty houses with nothing to do for two weeks. Did you get my gift?" I went onto my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. After a pause I felt his arms wrap around my wait and hug me back.

"I did, it was lovely thank you. I missed you, you know." I said, pulling away. Draco tilted his head and looked at me curiously.

"You did?"

"Of course. Did you not miss me?"

"Even if I did, I would never admit it."

"I'll take that as a yes then." Part of me wanted Draco to kiss me again, like he had that night we stole the book. I knew it was too public though, too many people around. Draco pursed his lips and thought for a moment. He ended up not saying anything to confirm or deny.

"Come sit with us."

"Sure, have they put out the food yet?" I asked about dinner.

"Not yet, but I don't just mean today. I mean sit on our table all of this term. You are one of us now, remember?" He avoided eye contact, looking behind me like he was admiring the woods.