Halloween Night Part 2

As we went back in the hall a girl came us, dark skin and curly hair dressed as a classic witch. "Luna! Where have you been?"

"Oh we where just out for some fresh air" Luna responded giving me a quick mischievous look. "Oh! I should introduce you! Elena this is Hermione, Hermione this is Elena."

"Nice to meet you" she gave out her hand to shake which I did. "Luna your all covered in dirt! Where you rolling on the ground out there!" There was a grass mark along the side of her dress where she must've landed when she fell off the horse.

"I suppose I must've been. Anyway, let's dance!" She grabbed each of our hands and nodded to us for us to join ours and we danced in a little circle. She eventually broke it to dance with a shy boy dressed as an astronaut and me and Hermione let go of each other's hands but kept dancing with each other. I caught a boy looking at her.

"I think that boy would like to cut in to dance with you" She looked over at the red headed boy who ushered her to come over. I caught the first part of their conversation.

"Where have you been! Harry's been talking to-"

I felt someone take my wrist and spin me, Cho from the feast. We danced for a minute before someone else cut in - the boy from earlier. I imagined how we looked together, a white angel and a vampire in red and black satin.

"Ah it's you again."

"It's me." He looked taller now, slim and stood straight and I could see his eyes through his mask in this light - a pale gray. There was something so formal about him - perhaps he just wasn't comfortable wish me. Maybe that's just how he is. The music suddenly seemed so distant, the people around us just out of focus background. It was as if he had sucked the life out of the world, and this long moment where we looked at each other was slipped between the fractions of a second. The longest fraction of a second of my life.

"I'm suprised your not waiting by the Forrest. Are you always waiting to rescue runaway horses?" The music came closer, as if a room or two away.

"Oh no no, not nearly gentlemanly enough for that. Horses don't even like me." He sounded more cheerful for a second.

"Why do you think that?"

"I got attacked my a hippogriff last year during class." I held back laughing, but failed to hold back a smile.

"Seems to not have scared you away from horses entirely"

"Oh trust me, even as I climbed on I thought I was a total idiot for doing so."

"Well I'm thankful for your idiocracy sir." I meant it, I really was.

"Sir? You make me feel like my father by calling me that." He scoffed.

"Well what else should I call you?"

"Doesn't matter that they call me, just don't call me sir." Blatantly avoiding the question for whatever reason. "What's your name?"

"Why should I tell you mind when you wont tell me yours? Anyway, let's talk less and dance more." He looked somewhat disgusted with that idea.

"I'm not much of a dancer."

"That's a shame vampire sir, what's a party without dancing?" I saw his gaze focus on something behind me. I looked and saw two stockier boys waving for him to join them. "You can go you know." I said. In that moment I became aware of how close we where, my head tilted slightly back to look up at him. He was looking at me, but I couldn't read his expression.

"Hey!" One of the boys shouted from behind me. The vampire bowed his head and slipped past me.

Everyone was filtering out as the party drew to a close, I wondered if I might sleep through the whole weekend. Multiple of the girls where gathered at one of the smaller towers, still singing songs from the night (rather badly).

I leaned over the railing, looking down at the people coming out of the great hall and splitting off in the directions of their common rooms. I spotted the vampire the moment he came out, his white hair was hard to miss from a birds eye view. He must've sensed me looking at him as he looked up and make eye contact with me. His eyes where shadowed by his mask and I could feel the wind blowing a few strand of hair across my face. Neither of us said anything but i softly smiled down at him before turning away first and going back into the tower.

--

The next day I woke up around lunchtime, just making the lunch feast to grab some of the last remaining food. When I woke up most the dorm was empty except one girl who had stayed out much later than me. What a party animal I am. Looking down at my hands I had indents from my reigns where I held on too tightly as my horse sprinted away into the dark woods. It's weird. From the moment that horse took of from the grass and began soaring in the air the whole night feels like a dream. The way I could feel no ground bellow me, or anything alongside me. It was just me and the horse, in this vast space. We could've been flying forever.

And then when it ran off into the woods, sweeping me under the dark trees hidden from the soft glow of the moonlight, feeling as if I had run into an abyss of darkness and suddenly I could feel everything. The pounding of the horses hooves, the reigns so tight in my hands it hurt, the fear radiating off the horse.

And him of course. The masked vampire riding alongside me on horseback, reaching out for my reigns to draw us to a stop. I couldn't always see him as we rode back and out of the forest; he was a masked vampire seeming to blend into the woods, only to be seen in soft flashes of pale blue light.

I hadn't questioned why it is he approached me again in the great hall, but the entire night was a blur except that second where we looked at each other - and I tried to find the words to say. I wonder what he would have said had I not said anything. I wonder if he would've said anything at all.

Wow. I've not even been here a week and I'm already caught up thinking about a boy. A boy might I add whose name I don't even know. Would it be weird to ask around about him? Perhaps, I have always had an obsessive nature, the sort that's set me off track for weeks at a time. One thing that catches my interest for a moment and I find myself learning everything available to me about it - only to not think of it ever again. In that case maybe it is best that I get my answers about him now, so I can move on and not think of it again.

"Elena!" Something cuts off my train of thought. I turn quickly, several pastries in hand. Gosh, I must look mad stood here zoned out thinking to myself while holding enough pastries to pass as a house elf. Where on earth did that voice come from? "Elena! Over here!" Luna was stood by the door waving at me. I did a half run over and we started walking outside, she picked a pastry from my pile. "Mm I forgot to get lunch. You know when I went to bed last night I felt no pain, now the entire side of my body aches."

"Oh! I'm so sorry. Is it where you fell?"

"I don't know why your apologising, you aren't a God in control of last night."

"I suppose not."

"Anyway, normally I would go to Madame Pomphrey but she isn't in so will you come with me to a friend who will probably be able to fix it?"

"Of course, I have nothing better to do." I bit into a pastry.

"She's probably in the Gryffindor common room with the boys. You met her last night actually, just briefly. Hermione?"

"Oh yeah I remember her."

----------------------------

Authors notes:

I got my first vote! Silly how exciting I find that so thank you to everyone reading this. Feel free to leave any comments with guesses of what will happen or suggestions. I know there isn't much yet but I'm already working on the next chapters and will get them out as fast as I can without failing all my tests and homework haha - doubt my teachers will take writing fanfiction as a good excuse. Anyway, looks like our main character is about to meet the golden trio ;).

(There might be typos bc I'm focusing on getting these up quick)