Alone in Hogwarts

I had thought Harry Potter and his gang were a very close knit group - Atleast that's what everyone implied. The tension in there was so uncomfortable I was quite thankful when Luna and I ducked out. It's a Saturday, which means I have got to figure out what to do with myself for the weekend. Luna has disappeared to make a charm of sorts, she was already gone before I could ask what for. I suppose I could go to the hufflepuff common room again, it was around here I think. Or was it in the other tower? Great. I have no idea where it was.

It's not that big a loss, they seem nice enough and I like listening to their conversations but I don't really know how to get involved. Luna is my only actual friend I guess. She seems nice, and we can actually find things to talk about but she doesn't mind the silence. She also Irish, so I'm sure mum would approve. Anyway, back to figuring out where to go. I'm quite good at finding the astronomy tower, not purposefully really, but I always manage to end up there. Maybe I should set up camp there, I might be able to find my room and get some writing stuff or a book.

I did manage to find my room and picked up a couple of things. It was weird seeing the room empty, not filled with giggles and hushing so we wouldn't be told off for being too loud after Halloween. I smiled to myself. I hope my first real night doesn't end up being the only interesting one. The astronomy tower is easy to get to in my opinion. As long as your in the building with the great hall and just keep finding stairs to go up you always end up there. It was a nice day, not sunny but not cold. There where some people scatted on the grass, lying on blankets they set up and hanging out. Mostly Slytherins but nobody I recognised. I found it a bit odd that everyone still wore their house robes at weekends but didn't bother to ask about it. I sat and began reading, it was a book about a young wizard who wakes up in another world with no magic. Sounds like a terrible world if you ask me, no wonder he's trying so hard to get back.

The bell rang for lunch, it must've been about twelve. I considered going to eat but wasn't very hungry. I stood and stretched, going to the railing to watch as people dragged themselves up to go to the great hall, a couple staying behind. I suppose it would be easier for me to make friends if I actually went and talked to more people, but I felt like an outsider, a temporary newbie from that french school.

That is what I was thinking when a flash of pale blonde caught my attention. He was coming out of the great hall, a green apple in hand which he threw up and caught a few times but kept his head down. On either side of him was a stockier boy, one a bit taller the other quite short. It was him, I knew it was. The boy from Halloween. As soon as he came he was gone though, going down the hill and out of site. Just before he was gone I did take note of the green interior of all their hoods: Slytherins. Atleast I knew something about him.

I sighed to myself as I backed off the rail.

-------------------------------

I spent the rest of the afternoon in the astronomy tower, until a couple of older students came in with a game of chess. I packed up and left, giving them a smile and wishing them luck. It sounds terrible, but I wish the weekend was over. Atleast if it was a weekday I would have classes to keep my days occupied and might have a vague idea of where people would be when I got lonely. That first weekend was lonely, everyone here had their own little groups. I enjoyed the evenings though, where I would sit on my bed in the dorms and listen to the girls talk about their days. Sometimes it was easier to live through other people than your own life. When it came to me I mentioned having met Harry Potter, and that brought a lot of intrigue.

"Oh what's he like? Is he super intense? Does he remember anything from when he survived Voldemort?"

"Ehm, I don't know I didn't ask. Seems a bit intrusive to ask, doubt you would even want to remember it. It's weird, he seems so normal. Shorter than I expected, but nice enough." I shrugged, they seemed disappointed but nodded as if to say "yeah, that makes sense." The topic quickly turned back to someone else's day.