Christmas

It seems crazy to me how quickly christmas has come this year. Perhaps hogwarts is in another pocket of time, and when I go back to Beauxbatons only a day or maybe a week will have passed. I almost forgot I would to go back to Beauxbatons. It's cleaner than Hogwarts admittedly and I even think the teachers are better - but it's missing something. I suppose what it is missing is the unknown. In hogwarts I feel like something exciting is always just around the corner. I never know what will happen with Harry, Ron and Hermione or the tournament.... or Adrian. The Yule Ball is tonight, and mostly I just feel a big ball of nerves in my stomach every time I think about it.

First things foremost, it's christmas. December 25th in all its glory with its cinnamon scents and gingerbread and the distant sound of bells at all times (I never knew if it's just those reindeer antler headbands some people wore or if someone had done a spell so we would constantly hear them). It was 7am when I decided people would be getting up in the Slytherin common room and decided to go, half running to get out of cold hallways but always stopping when I saw someone.

"Merry Christmas!" A couple called out to me, waving cheerily. I didn't recognise them - older students by the looks of it whose noses where bright pink from the chilly air.

"Merry Christmas!" I returned, waiting until they where out of view to start running again. I knocked on the Slytherin door.

"Oh, it's you again." The painting droned.

"Merry Christmas to you too, Dorian." I grinned, rocking on my heels as I waited for someone to let me in. Pansys head popped out a moment later.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

"Hey!" She replied as she let me in. The only word I could think of to describe the slytherin common room was bustling. It was filled with excitement and movement - I don't think I had ever seen so many people in it at once. It reminded me of the gryffindor common room after the first tournament where they celebrated until early in the morning. Pansy indicated for me to follow her and lead me to a corner of the room where all the chairs had been pushed away and Blaise, Draco, Crabbe and Goyle all sat in a circle still in their pyjamas. I realised for once I was actually the one dressed - not in my uniform or pyjamas but just some jeans and a knitted sweater. Blaise greeted me loudly as usual, and shuffled around to let me into the circle.

"Ah, I've finally made it into your little circle." I joked

"Oh please, you where already in our little circle." Pansy replied.

"This feels a little culty- sat in a circle like this." Draco commented, glancing around himself before picking up a can.

"We must worship something." He placed the can in the middle of the circle.

"Dude! That's my deodorant!" Blaise laughed. Draco began to laugh and picked it back up.

"Is it actually? It is!" He put it back in the middle. "All hail Blaise holy deodorant! It has a tough battle every day protecting us from his stench!" Draco raised his arms as if gesturing to the heavens.

"Shut up!" Blaise managed to get out between laughs.

"No, really. That poor little can deserves some praise for all that it does. You girls are lucky you don't have to share a dorm with this guy." Draco rambled. Blaise began hitting his arm and shushing him, I looked behind me to where he was looking.

"Elena! You are already here!" Cassie stated as she wiggled through the crowd and took a seat between Pansy and Goyle.

"I had to get here early for my prayers." I chuckled, quickly glancing at Draco who burst out laughing, picking up the deodorant once again and shaking it. Cassie looked confused.