Green Apples

It was friday, and nearing the end of November. I purposefully sat with my back to the other tables to atop myself waiting anxiously for Draco to get my chocolates. I picked at my breakfast nervously, and watched as people on the table got letters, some got newspapers and a parcel or two. I left breakfast early. I looked at my Friday timetable; DADA first. I picked up what I needed for class and went, focusing on my classes and taking a lot of notes. Potions with Gryffindor and Slytherin was fourth period, and I saw Draco as he went to pick up some ingredients from the front. We briefly made eye contact, and he looked at the fact I had paired up with Harry. I shifted uncomfortably and looked down at my notes of what ingredients I needed.

The potion didn't exactly go as planned, and Snape sneered at it and visibly graded it a C in front of us. Atleast it wasn't bad enough for him to fail us. I packed up and walked with the trio to lunch.

"You seem out of it today." Ron commented.

"I just don't have much to talk about, I guess." I shrugged it off.

"Even so, you don't seem very cheery."

"I'm waiting for a response about something. It's kind of personal." I avoided him digging more into it. I felt the anxiety drift away during lunch as several Ravenclaws argued about what we should watch that night (it was an even divide between two movies). Eventually it was decided based on which movie less of us had seen which ended up being "school ties" which is apparently a muggle film about a school boy suffering prejudice in the 50s for being jewish. I didn't have a preference in what to watch, so I was fine with this decision.

"What do you have next?" I asked Luna as we walked out of the lunch hall.

"We both have divination together. I hope it's something fun today, I would rather not be told my life is all death and despair."

"Hey Luna, can I talk to Elena for a moment?" Draco asked from behind me, alerting me to his presence, I felt myself tense up a bit. Luna nodded and half skipped a few feet ahead of us in the direction of Divination.

"Hello Draco." I said, trying to not sound nervous. I started following Luna from just out of hearing distance knowing the class was also with Slytherin. Draco walked beside me.

"I have never had someone make something for me before." He paused and corrected himself. "Well not as a gift I mean."

"Where they okay?" He hummed yes.

"If I keel over and die though I'm blaming you." I laughed.

"I'm not THAT bad a chef. The real question is, did they work for what I intended?"

"Killing me?" He said sarcastically.

"Poison would be an odd peace offering."

"Peace offering," he scoffed smiling "you make it sound like we were at war."

"No, not at war. But not as good of terms I would've liked."

"How good of terms would you like us to be?" He stopped walking, raised an eyebrow and looked down at me. I could smell the mint chocolate on his breathe.

"I haven't thought about it."

"Well how am I meant to decide if these chocolates are enough to get us there?"

"An improvement is all I ask for." I smiled.

"I wasn't mad at you." He admitted, avoiding eye contact with me.

"You weren't?"

"No. I was avoiding you because I lied about making the badges." I felt my heart drop.