Complicated

Come to the kitchens at midnight. - Draco Malfoy

I thought that it was weird for him to ask to see me at midnight, but I knew I would still oblige. That night I checked my clock every half hour until it was midnight, unfortunately one of the girls in my dorm was still awake, cramming for a mini test we had. It wasn't anything major, but she was the sort to always insist on getting the best in the class.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Chamomile tea," I lied. "Struggling to sleep." She nodded and went back to revising.

I had a close call with not just one, but two prefects who I carefully dodged before I got to the kitchen. I did the usual half look in before I opened the door. Draco wore black satin pyjama pants, with the same slytherin sweatshirt he had on last time. Perhaps he puts them on when he sneaks to the kitchen to stay warm. I probably should've, I felt a shiver trickle down my spine. Hogwarts was so much colder in the winter than Beauxbatons.

He was pacing, no, prowling around the kitchens evidently bored. His eyebrows where furrowed as he picked up a spice bottle, looked it over for a few seconds and put it back. I opened the door fully, and it released a slight creak sound. His eyes dashed to the door quickly.

"You took your time."

"What are you talking about? It's only just midnight." He looked at his watch and looked surprised.

"Felt like forever." He grumbled quietly. I went over to the radiator, perching on it to stay warm.

"You seem to be in an odd mood." I commented, noting his still furrowed brows and annoyed tone.

"What do you know about my moods?" I shrugged. He opened his mouth to say something, but seemed to change his mind and close it again. After a few more seconds of silence I asked

"Why are we sneaking around then?"

"Sneaking around?"

"The kitchens? Midnight? Could've just invited me to the common room or courtyard."

"Yeah well your new boyfriend is always hanging around the common room, didn't want him getting the wrong idea." His body slunked against the wall, hands in his pockets.

"The wrong idea?" He ignored this and continued.

"You know, every since he dropped out of quidditch practice he never seems to have anywhere better to be or something to do than just hang around."

"I thought you liked Adrian?"

"What made you think that?"

"You seemed quite positive in the letter where you mentioned him."

"Maybe you need to stop making assumptions about me." He muttered in a low voice.

"Alright, you invited me here, remember? Did you do it to just act like a prick?"

"Thought you said we were friends? Dont friends hang out?" He spat kind of bitterly.

"Okay, so you don't like Adrian and you don't like Harry Potter and his gang. You barely seem to care about your friends, is there anyone you actually like?"

"I care about my friends."

"Who?"

"Blaise is alright, and Pansy has her good days. Crabbe and Goyle are admittedly a pair of fools but company enough."

"Alright and company isn't caring about your friends."

"You said you are my friend."

"Do you care about me?"