The Slytherin Common Room

The next day I went about lessons as normal, I don't doubt I did well on the Herbology test. I tend to revise quite well for tests, I want to do well. I had DADA last on a Thursday, so I asked Harry if he minded me tagging along if they weren't up to anything which he agreed to. We went to the Gryffindor common room where we all sat around the fire place, I was on the sofa with Hermione. Ron didn't stick around. I asked them both about their home lives, and found both of them had been raised my muggles.

"My family spends a fair amount of time in the muggle world, my mother even went to a muggle university." I told them, leaving out my muggle father. We began to talk and bond about these things, Hermione didn't really read many fiction books unfortunately, but me and Harry talked about movies we had both watched like 'back to the future'.

I had grown to like Ron after a few lessons with him, and now Hermione and Harry had seemed to warm up to me. I wondered if it would be odd to start calling them friends now. We went to dinner in the great hall, and I planned to go back to the Gryffindor common room with them after - unfortunately I ruined this by accidentally reminding Harry of some transfigurations homework which he had forgotten to do, so he planned to do that after dinner and I had run out things to talk to Hermione about. Instead, after dinner I went back to my own dorms which was mostly empty besides girls sometimes coming in to grab something before leaving to wherever it is they go. I sat reading to myself for a while.

When I saw Cassie it triggered a memory from the night before. 'One of those Beauxbatons girls comes to the Slytherin common room a lot' Dracos voice echoed in my head.

"Hey Cassie! Are you going to the Slytherin Common Room by any chance?" I asked.

"Huh? Oh yeah I am! Wanna come with?" She offered a bit suprised, probably since I hadn't asked before. I nodded and considered what to bring, but couldn't think of anything so just put on my coat and we left together. We walked in silence for a minute, which I didn't mind but Cassie prefers to fill the silence.

"I don't normally see you in the slytherin common room, why the sudden interest?" She seemed to be implying something through her tone, although I'm not sure what.

"I've been to all the others, curiosity got the better of me." I said cheerily "what about you?"

"This boy named Blaise showed it to me on our first weekend, I haven't been to the others though." It didn't suprise me Cassie had found herself a boy already.

"Do you have a crush on him?" I asked teasingly.

Cassie fake gasped, "never!" and laughed. We got to the common room and she said the password.

The slytherin common room felt a lot different from the others. It was less modern and felt like a room in a mid evil castle. It was more dimmed than the others, with a blue - green tint to it reflecting from the large arched windows which showed the inside of the lake which glimmered softly. There were plush leather sofas around a coffee table and a large black fire aswell as a pair of tables with a couple chairs around. It felt mysterious, mystical and seductive. Cassie sat down on one of the sofas as I walked around looking at the little ornaments around. Slowly the common room got busier, and the serene atmosphere progressively became more upbeat.

The bustling began as people came back to the common room as it got dark.

"Ah Cassie! You have brought one of your Beauxbatons friends!" One boy announced loudly which his arms wide as if presenting something. I laughed and introduced myself.

"Elena."

"Blaise Zabini." He took my hand and shook it over dramatically, "So what brings you to our humble abodes?"

"A little birdie told me it's the place to be." I brought out the flattery as I noticed a couple other kids where watching our conversation.

"Birds have gotten cleverer since I last checked, that's very much correct." Several people around us laughed. Someone else asked me how I was liking Hogwarts and it came up that I had been hanging out in the other common rooms.

"I've never actually been in the Ravenclaw common room. Is it just another copy of the library?" A girl began to laugh at her own joke, I laughed politely.

"They have a lot of constellations," I told them "and a piano." I added. I had played a few times for them, although one of the Ravenclaw kids was insanely good so I had allowed him to take over. The topic moved on for a minute, and I had zoned out thinking about whether the common rooms had always been the way they are since the founders designed them, or if they had been changing throughout the years.

"Look who has finally emerged from his den. How's the transfiguration homework?" I half listened as someone spoke across to the edge of the room.

"Terrible. I know Mcgonagall is going to give me a lot of shade for it but I can't be assed with homework right now." I recognised Dracos voice and turned, placing my arms on the arms of the sofa and resting my head on them. He was stood on the last step the entrance of what I assumed was the boys dorms leaning against the wall with his arms crossed. He looked surprised to see me.

He fixed his tie and came and sat down across the coffee table from me. Chatter perused which I half listened to, glancing over at Draco. I didn't want to be creepy and stare, but i took a little snapshot in my head of what he looked like sat back on sofa, one elbow on the back of the sofa which he leaned his head into, and his feet propped up on the coffee table, green-blue reflections shimmering over his face every so often. The second time I looked at him I caught him looking at me, which he quickly stopped and went back to looking at Pansy talking about how a boy called Marcus had lost at chess and thrown the board, which ended up hitting a DADA teacher they had first year.

"God I was so scared I completely froze when I saw him."

"He looked as startled as you!" Everyone laughed.

"If I suggest a game of exploding snap do you promise not to throw anything?" Someone said.

"That's a promise I don't think I can keep." He nodded solemnly while everyone laughed. I couldn't help but to find myself laughing a lot here.

"What should the reward be?" Pansy asked. The games started, whoever won the game would be paired up with someone new while everyone watched, sometimes shouting to try and distract their opponent. Draco won against one of the girls who I think is a bit younger.

"Go on Beauxbatons, show us what you've got." And shoved me to stand up. I moved and sat crossed legged in front of the middle of the coffee table while the cards where shuffled. Everyone around me and Draco felt so tall as they peered over our shoulder waiting for the game to start.

He cocked his brow at me as I sat, as if to say "You are really going to go against me?"

-----------------------