t e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter ten
edward.

Liza pulled her sweatshirt hoodie over her head as the group raced through the streets of Florence, Italy. Alice skidded to a stop in front of Bella and Henry with a smirk hidden behind her scarf wrapped high up on her neck.

"Where'd you get the car?" Bella asked as the couple settled into the back seats. Liza smirked as she turned around in her seat to glance at her brother. He rolled his hazel eyes with a chuckle.

"Hope you're not opposed to grand theft auto," was Alice's only explanation.

Bella sighed deeply in the back. "Not today."

"So, what's the plan?" Henry asked as they continued to race through the streets, narrowly missing people crossing the streets.

"Edward's been rejected by the Volturi," Alice explained as she cut off another vehicle making the three other occupants grip tightly onto their seats — and their breakfast. "He's going to cause a scene."

"What does that mean?" Bella asked from the back.

"It means he's going to wait until noon when the sun is at its highest —"

"He's going to expose himself." Liza frowned at the realization.

Alice nodded her head at Liza. "He's going to make the Volturi change their mind."

Bella picked at her nails as she glanced at her watch. "Alice, it's almost noon now."

The pixie ignored Bella's words as she pointed forward. "There's Volterra."

Liza frowned as she glanced around at all the people walking around — ignorant to what was about to transpire. "When I said I wanted to visit Italy, this isn't what I had in mind," Liza muttered to herself as her blue eyes danced around the medieval village in front of them.

The speeding Porsche drove by multiple narrow, centuries-old streets — the alleyways and the streets were filled with people dressed in red cloaks. They were each walking towards the center of Volterra, towards a tall clock tower in the middle of the festival.

"Why are they all wearing red?" Bella questioned as she drummed her fingers against the back of Liza's seat. She was quickly becoming impatient as the clock ticked on.