f i f t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter fifteen
intruder.

Liza huffed as she once again circled the same trees she just passed by. She couldn't understand how a single scent can get lost so easily just because the rogue jumped into the Pacific Ocean.

"No matter how many times you circle, the scent's not coming back."

Liza dug her nails into the soft ground before turning towards Jasper and Emmett. They both watched as Liza continued to try and get a lead on the disappearing scent - all three of them knowing that it was futile. She curled her lip over her teeth as she left the cliff and joined their side again, moving towards the direction of the Cullen's household.

"Nice, kitty," Emmett chuckled as he stepped in stride with her. She huffed once more, annoyed that she couldn't do more than coming up to a dead end. "Don't worry, we'll find them. If they come around once, they'll come back around again."

"Especially since they left everyone alive," Jasper muttered in agreement.

Liza stayed silent as she took a sharp turn left behind a couple of trees, quickly changing into sweats before breaking through the line and following the brothers into the house. Liza's shoulders stayed tense as she felt the atmosphere's agitation. She plopped down onto the seat in front of Edward, allowing him to rest his fingers in her knotted hair.

"His scent disappeared about five miles south of Bella's house," Jasper explained, breaking the silence that lingered in the house. Liza's fingers twitched with annoyance.

"Someone's orchestrating this," Edward muttered.

"Victoria?" Carlisle asked, looking toward Alice for an answer.

She shook her head lightly. "I would have seen her decision."

"It has to be the Volturi," Edward stated, crossing his arms against his chest.

Liza and Henry growled at the possibility that the Volturi would be leaking around.

"I don't think it's the Volturi either," Alice disagreed. "I've been watching Aro's decisions, too."

Emmett shrugged his shoulders. "So we keep looking."

Carlisle nodded. "We also take shifts." He looked towards the Sanchez siblings. "Guarding Bella at her house."