o n e

( outfit for
chapter above )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter one
forks, washington.

Blue eyes searched thoroughly around the trees; waiting for something to pop out. The brunette stood on edge surrounded by unfamiliar territory; the unknown trees and shrubbery sent goosebumps up her spine. She took a deep breath in through her nose, before flexing her shoulders into a more relaxed position.

"Are you going to help with the bags, or no?"

Liza glanced over her shoulder towards her younger brother. Henry Sanchez was standing at their shared BMW with his arms crossed over his chest. He had already moved half of their bags into the house while the older brunette was doing a runaround the new house.

"Just making sure we're clear," Liza argued as she walked towards the back of the white car. She gripped two bags in each hand before making eye contact with Henry. "What?"

He relaxed his posture; dropping his arms to his side and let a sigh escape his lips. "I have a good feeling about this town, Liza."

She narrowed her bright eyes slightly. "That's what you said about the last town." She didn't allow him to answer her bitter comment as she walked passed him into the two bedroom house.

Liza placed the bags next to the ones already in the house. The house was smaller than what they usually bought for a new home— but in the short notice of having to move, it would have to do. The older brunette grabbed the bags that she noticed were her own as she walked up the stairs. She heard the front door close behind her brother as she looked into each of the rooms, before settling on the far west room. It had the best view of the forest surrounding the white house.

She placed her bags down at the entrance of the room. She moved towards the double windows and leaned against the wooden trim as her eyes sweep the forest. The sun was just starting to set, but the lack of light didn't effect her sight. She could still see perfectly clear, even if it was pitch black outside.

"I knew you would choose this room." Henry chuckled from the threshold of the room.

Liza's lips twitched up into a half smile. "I'm the oldest," she joked, looking over her shoulder. "I get the view."

Henry rolled his eyes as he straightened out from leaning on the doorframe. "Yeah, yeah," he grumbled. "You never let me forget it."

Liza chuckled as the youngest Sanchez sibling turned around and walked back down the hallway.  She took one last glance out her window, a longing inch settling in her bones as the trees moved along with the wind. Liza shook her head with a sigh before leaving her new room to finish unpacking the car.

🩸🩸🩸

It didn't take the siblings long to unpack. It was barely reaching eight o'clock once the last box was unpacked. Due to the fact that the siblings were used to moving, they didn't have many valuables. Overtime, it became too much to move so many things to each house. They left most of their precious belongings at their vacation home down in California. They would check on the house twice a year, just to make sure that nothing was misplaced or stolen. They were confident enough with the security they hired, but no one could be too careful.

"So," Liza started as she placed the pizza they just ordered, down on the kitchen table. Henry didn't wait for Liza to continue as he reached into the box and grabbed two pieces. "We start school tomorrow."

Henry paused mid bite before groaning. "We're playing that game, again?"

Liza waited to answer, first grabbing her own slice of pizza before settling down in a seat. "I think it'll be good for us to play the card of newly transferred students. It'll along us to stay longer."

"You actually want to stay longer than a year here?" Henry asked, raising his eyebrow towards his sister.

"You said you felt good about this town," she muttered, picking a piece of onion off her pizza. "I want to believe you." She cleared her throat as she felt a familiar burn start behind her eyes. "Can't let what happened in Maine effect me for the rest of my life."

Henry nodded his head. "I really do feel good about this move, Liz. And I can't tell you how sorry I am about—"

"Anyway," Liza interrupted, knowing how the conversation would end if they continued talking about their last home. "I put us both in senior year. We look more like twins anyway."

Henry smirked around his pizza. "I mean, technically we are the same age."

Liza narrowed her eyes at his teasing. "Just because we are frozen at the same age, doesn't mean—"

"That you're not older." Henry rolled his eyes. Liza just grinned at his annoyance. "Let's just hope for a little bit of entertainment."

Liza looked out the kitchen window with a grimace. "I don't know how much fun this rainy town will be."

Henry smirked. "It's always the quiet ones you have to look out for."

◑ ━━━━━ ▣ ━━━━━ ◐

Sorry this chapter is so short. In case anyone is wondering, this will be taking place in New Moon, right before Bella starts hanging out with Jacob again. You guys will see what I mean in the next coming chapters.
Let me know what you guys think, and if you have any idea on what the Sanchez siblings could be...
Happy reading—