f o u r t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter fourteen
complications.

"If I asked you to stay in the car, would you?"

Liza looked up from picking her nails to stare at Edward with a blank expression. The corners of her mouth twisted into a smirk at his question, making him sigh as a response.

"Of course not," he mumbled, opening the driver's door.

Liza grinned, pulling her backpack over her shoulder and following Edward out into the school parking lot. She followed him towards a commotion surrounding the stairs to enter the school building. They both passed through the students that were whispering to each other.

In the center of the students stood Jacob, staring down at Henry. Jacob would amuse Bella's chatter, but every once and a while looked back towards the puma with a glare.

Liza stopped and stood next to her brother, arms crossing over her chest as Jacob turned to face Edward. Liza quickly noticed how his shoulders tensed along with the easy grin he had placed on his face for Bella.

"I got the message," Edward spoke up. He stood with his hands in his pockets, not phased that Jacob was glaring him down ten feet away.

Bella walked over and stood next to Henry, reading the situation and how tense it became.

"I came here to warn you," Jacob started, his hands shaking against his sides. "If your kind come on to our land again —"

"Wait, what?" Bella looked between the two dæmons and Edward, neither of them giving her an explanation.

Jacob looked down at Bella before scoffing towards Henry. "You didn't tell her?"

"Mind your business, pup," Liza snarled.

"Tell me what?" Bella turned her accusing eyes towards Henry.

"Emmett and Paul got into a misunderstanding," Henry explained lightly. "Nothing to worry about."

Jacob sarcastically laughed. "Listen to you. Did you lie to get her out of town too?"

"You should leave." Edward stepped forward, glaring Jacob down. "Now."

"She has a right to know," Jacob continued. "She is the one the redhead wants."