s i x t e e n

( outfit for
chapter above )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter sixteen
reports.

"Police are baffled by the escalating murders and disappearances -"

Liza and Edward walked into the Cullen's house as everyone sat around the television, watching the latest news on Seattle's problems. Liza frowned as she folded her arms against her chest as Edward stood behind her.

"Have a nice night?" Emmett joked as he looked behind the couch. His smirk grew as he noticed Liza's crazy hair sticking up from sleeping on the ground.

"Shut up, Emmett," Edward snarked back.

Henry shook his head at his sister's appearance as he walked in with Bella in tow.

"We just went hunting, perv," Liza stated. Emmett rolled his eyes with dissatisfaction before looking back at the TV.

"Theories range from a vicious new gang to a wildly active serial killer... Reporting live, Dawn Chubai. CNN."

"It's getting worse," Carlisle muttered, bringing the tension back into the room. "We're going to have to do something."

Liza's fingers twitched at the possibility of a fight brewing.

"It takes more than one of our kind to cause the damage they're reporting," Jasper explained. "Quite a few more. They're undisciplined, conspicuous..."

"Newborns," Edward concluded. Liza looked over her shoulder at him with a frown.

"What, like new vampires?" Bella asked, she stuck her bottom lip in between teeth in worry.

"In their first few months after their change," Edward explained.

"That's when we're at our most uncontrollable, vicious, insane with thirst." Jasper sat up straight as Carlisle turned off the TV.

"Something to look forward to," Emmett smirked towards Bella. Liza's shoulders tensed at the thought. Henry put his arm around Bella's shoulders, trying to comfort her despite Emmett's words.

"No one has trained these newborns," Jasper continued. "But this isn't random."

"Someone's creating an army," Carlisle muttered.