t h r e e

( outfit above
for chapter )

◑ ━━━ 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔟𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔱𝔶 𝔞𝔫𝔡 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔡𝔞𝔪𝔫𝔢𝔡 ━━━ ◐

chapter three
isabella swan.

Sweat dripped from Liza's brow as she gripped tightly onto her water bottle— chugging a large gulp. The refreshing water helped soothe her dry throat from her run.

It's been a week since the Sanchez siblings had moved to Forks. It only took two days for Liza to get into the rhythm of her usual morning runs. She scoped out a trail in the woods behind their house that she was able to run a couple miles deep in, and back.

She tossed her water bottle onto her bed as she collected her items for her morning shower. The snores from Henry were the only noise interrupting the silence of the house. She rolled her blue eyes before knocking twice on his door, waking him up for school. On the second knock, she heard his snore halt, before a low groan sounded instead. She smirked to herself before continuing her path to the bathroom.

Her shower was quick since even she was behind schedule today. She dried off as quick as she could before slipping on her outfit. A warning knock on the bathroom door sounded, letting her know that Henry was up and waiting for his turn.

"Better hurry up," she commented, switching the bathroom with the younger Sanchez. "We're leaving in forty."

He yawned, ignoring her warning.

Liza quickly learned that if she wanted to eat a decent meal during school hours, she would have to start making her own lunch. It's not something she wasn't used to from years prior. Henry knew how to make his own food, but that didn't mean that he was a great cook. The meals that they shared were usually because Liza made them.

She shoved both lunches in the respective bags. She also packed an extra apple for her to eat between classes. She got extra hungry in between— especially when she went for a longer run in the morning.

Just as she placed the cereal bowl down on the island, Henry walked around the corner from the stairs. He nodded his head tiredly, showing his gratitude for the simple breakfast.

"Did you find anything on your run today?" Henry asked, picking up his spoon to shovel Lucky Charms into his mouth.

Liza sighed deeply, leaning against the counter behind her. "No. The scent hasn't came back."

The first time Liza and Henry had taken their run around the forest, they caught an unfamiliar scent that immediately alerted their senses. It was almost dirty, with underlining scent of pine trees. It wasn't anything they have smelt before. They tracked the scent all the way towards a river before it disappeared. Since Henry preferred running at night, he would patrol the area in the dark; but would always come back with no new information. Liza would patrol in the morning, but with the same outcomes as her brother.