Chapter 1: Welcome To My Life

[A/N Sorry for the spelling and especially the GRAMMAR MISTAKES! It's not proofread and I'm not American so English isn't really my language and I'M ONLY 11 YEARS OLD. I'll do my best to cope up with your needs! xoxo]

~Victoria's P.O.V.

"Coz I knew you were trouble when you walked in. So shame on me now. Flew me to places I've never been. Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground." I hummed to Taylor Swift's hit single, I Knew You Were Trouble as the sound buzzed in my ears by my earphones as I walked up the hill attempting to reach our house. The cold frost breeze hitting my face and nipping on my skin. I began to wonder ,isn't it to early for winter in October? I looked up at the bright cerulean sky filled with hundreds of puffy, white cumulus clouds and the mid-afternoon sun shining fiercely. The sound of the rustling of leaves from a nearby sycamore tree filled my ears and surprisingly it soothed me.

As I was becoming near to our three-story house with beige and maroon paint slightly chipping off from the brick wall, my instinct told me that something is about to happen once I enter our house and that something is bad.

I mentally shook my head to get rid of those thoughts that may or may not be true. Sometimes, your instincts aren't right.

Or at least, that's what I thought.

As I walked up to the wooden front porch, I quickly took my earphones off my ears and shoved it in my bag along with my iPod.

"I'm home!" I yelled to the air, completely obvious that someone heard my voice considering that I heard some shuffling of feet coming from upstairs which I believe are from my parents. I paced to the kitchen, opening the fridge. Once the food was revealed, the first thing that caught my attention was the jar of tasty Nutella. I grinned as I took it out. I grabbed a spoon and ate a spoonful, I felt the chocolate melt in my mouth giving me an exciting feeling. My taste buds sure are pleased with the delicious taste of hazelnut.

I plopped down on the velvet red couch in the living room in front of the plasma TV screen and turned it on. The first channel that popped out, Disney Channel. The Lion King was playing, I shrugged and kept watching. Yep, no one is too old for Disney.

After a few minutes, which seemed like hours. My parents came down the stairs and looked at me with a concerned expression on both of their faces as they intently stared at me with a pitiful and sad glint in their eyes. I quickly sat up and went towards them and kissed their cheeks.

"Hi, mom and dad." I greeted the both of them, with a huge smile from ear to ear. It quickly vanished as the words slipped out of my mother's mouth.

My instincts were right after all. I should've trusted my instincts.

"Victoria, we have some serious news to tell you." Mom announced seriously, I felt like something important is happening because my mother would never talk with that tone. Dad cleared his throat ad locked my eyes with his ocean blue orbs which I unfortunately did not inherit.

"Victoria, as you know, your mother and I, are one of the most respected people in the business industry." He made that clear, my parents owned Ace Corporation which is an international company that develops all types of products- from food to clothes.

I nodded silently, trying to figure out where this conversation is leading to.

"So, today, we got called saying that our main branch in New Jersey needs some serious managing because our company, is experiencing a wide economic recession." Mom confessed, as my eyes widened and my head tilted a little. Uh oh. There seems to be a problem.

And by problem, a huge, complicated one.

"So in order to keep the rate and reputation of our company up, we decided to move to New Jersey permanently." Dad finished, my jaw dropped and my chocolate brown eyes widened even more. If that was possible anyways.