Chapter 9: Home Sick

~Jason's P.O.V.

"Can you blow my whistle baby, whistle baby, let me know, girl I'm gonna show you how to do it if you start real slow."

A groan left my mouth as I fluttered my eyes open. The rays of the sun staggered my eyes as I looked over at my window at the left corner of my room. I sat up and rubbed my eyes then I started finding the source of that sound. Turns out, it's my phone.

And with that ringtone, I immediately knew that it was my beloved best friend Edward Theo, the pervert of my circle of idiotic friends.

I picked it up and unlocked it, only to find that one of my best friends, Edward, texted me. So my instinct were right.

Me, being the lazy bones I am, just scrolled through my contacts and called him. He finally answered on the fourth ring.

As usual.

"Hey man, what's up?" I asked him with fake enthusiasm. He answered nonchalantly with his usual cheery voice.

I wasn't sure if he really found me enthusiastic for nothing in particular reason or he just chose to ignore it and go with the flow. He has a brain after all.

"I was thinking if we and the gang can meet up over to your house later." He said, enthusiastically and I bet he was wearing a huge lop-sided grin on his face now at this very moment.

"Why? What for?" I asked, slightly feeling irritated at his early call.

Couldn't he call perhaps, later? Even if it's on short notice, it's alright since we're all guys after all. It only takes about five minutes or so for us to get ready unlike girls who takes five hours just to finish their make-up.

"To hang out?" He said, though it sounded more like he was questioning himself rather than stating his own answer to me.

Letting a sigh escape my lips, I finally managed to let out the words "Okay. Let's meet up at two in the afternoon." I said as I fiddled with the hem of my shirt as I waited for his answer which was quite blunt, if you ask me.

"Yeah, seems fine to me. Bye man." He said and I can only imagine that the bastard was wearing a huge smirk on his face right now.

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered as I ended the call.

A sigh escaped my lips as my brain - my cerebral front lobe, to be exact - digested all the information I have just received. Those bastards - who I call my friends for some unknown reason - is coming over to my house later this afternoon.

Oh shit.

I need to prepare, like, now.

I quickly grabbed my towel and went to the bathroom. After taking a refreshing, hot shower I settled on a V-neck white t-shirt, a pair of black jeans and a pair dark low-burgundy Keds and spiked my hair up a bit using my new hair gel.

Afterwards, I went down to the kitchen and found mom who was about to leave the house for her work. When she finally saw me and acknowledged my presence, she gave me one of her smiles filled with such warmth that I have grown to love. It was one of those smiles which were impossible to not smiIe back so I smiled at her as she made her way towards me.

"Jason, honey, I expect you to be the responsible one here as I go to my business trip, okay?" She said causing me to nod in response.

"Take care of Victoria, no parties, no alcohol and do your household chores." She instructed sternly.

I was thinking of rolling my eyes but decided against it. My mom knows I'm sometimes anti-social except when it comes to those idiotic creatures who I consider as my friends. She knows I haven't held my own party in my entire life and I always do my chores. That is, when I'm up to it though. But nonetheless, I still do my chores.