Chapter 6: Neighbor Trouble

~Victoria's P.O.V.

Nervous.

Anxious.

Helpless.

Scared.

Hopeless.

Alone.

That's what I feel right now as I stood in front of my neighbor's door. To say that I wasn't very fond of the idea is a clear understatement. Thoughts of backing down from all of this ran through my mind but this neighbor of mine and mom are friends, meaning they have each other numbers and will tell everything I do in here, so there's no point of backing down from this.

I looked up at the sky and saw the vast, widespread black night sky filled with very thin sheets of stratus clouds and dozens of twinkling stars garnishing it. The crescent moon was high up in the sky with its light shining and appears to be a shimmering splendor.

I prayed to whoever was up there for me to guide through this and help me survive this whole thing because I've figured out that the odds weren't exactly in my favor right now in this situation and luck isn't on my side, either.

And the thought of that makes this situation a whole lot difficult.

"You can do this, Victoria." I muttered to myself as a huge sigh escaped from my lips. I took a deep breath in order to calm myself down, which surprisingly worked.

I built up the courage and gathered confidence to go knock on the expensive wood of the wooden brown door of my neighbor's house.

I would say that it was expensive since the exterior of the house - I don't even know if it can be considered as a house because of its gigantic size - looks like it belonged to a multi-millionaire.

The house itself has four floors with a large balcony. The house looked like it had been newly painted since the low-burgundy doesn't chip off of its brick walls.

After taking a deep breath once again, I formed a fist until my knuckles made contact with the wood on the door.

I braced myself for who would open the front door. I just hope it would be a female because I'm more comfortable with females since I am a female specimen too.

Nervousness is welling up in my body as I waited for the door to be opened.

And to say I was still nervous is definitely a fact.

~Jason's P.O.V.

"Ahh, shit." I muttered as my laptop shut down because of low battery.

I was currently doing - wait let me rephrase that. I was currently finishing my book report for Literature until this worthless gadget of mine immediately shut off because of low battery and to say I was totally pissed is a definitely a fact.

Ugh! I closed my laptop and lied down on my bed, staring at the boring white ceiling of my bedroom.

"Knock,knock."

Suddenly, I heard some knocks on the front door.

I ignored the knocks on the door since I thought it was just my mother coming home from the office at this time of the day, though it's pretty unusual considering the fact that it is still early.

The knocks continued on the front door and they became obnoxiously and irritatingly loud which annoyed the hell out of me.

Groaning, I sat up and rubbed a hand through my tangled mess of blond hair.

I stood up and exited my room, not bothering putting a shirt on since maybe it was just the pizza guy. But then again, I don't remember ordering pizza from the store. So to quit stresssing myself out, I just assumed that it would be a friend of mine or some chick wanting to be bed in me but I wasn't really that type of guy.