Chapter 2: The Beginning

~Victoria's P.O.V.

"The airplane is now descending down to land. Please prepare your things and thank you for touring with PAL Airlines!" the plane stewardess said as she smiled brightly at all of the passengers. I let out a sigh of relief as I pulled my headphones out of my ears and shoved it in my bag. Finally! After six hours of pure boredom, the time has come for my "new life". I picked up my two luggage bags from the floor as I stood up and exited the airplane.

As I exited the plane, the cold, soothing New Jersey breeze fanned my face making me feel calm. A smile made its way on my face as I looked up at the sky. Thousands of puffy, white cumulus clouds that looked like cotton balls were plastered in the bright, cerulean afternoon sky. A flock of birds was soaring through the sky and the sun was shining fiercely. I looked around the airport as I took in my surroundings. Wives were crying as their husbands hugged them, children jumped into their fathers arms as their fathers knelt down to envelope them in a hug and ruffle their hair and families were sniffing as one of their family member finally came back home.

"Victoria!" I heard dad's voice from a distance and as I snapped out of my reverie, I saw him waving his hand along with Mom and Peter in the arrival area of the airport. I muttered a string of curses as I hurriedly went over to them.

After the excruciatingly fifteen-minute long security check, thanks to my beloved mother who was stopped by one of the security guards when she passed through the metal detector because of her wired bra, we finally headed towards the exit of the airport.

We went outside the airport and boarded a taxi cab. Seeing that there would be twenty-five minutes to the way to our house which was recently bought by my parents, I grabbed my iPod began listening to "Little Things" by One Direction. I started humming quietly to myself as I moved my head to the beat.

As I stared outside the fog-tinted window which was slightly moist because of the recent light drizzle, I looked up at the greyish-cerulean blue sky filled with long stratus clouds that stretched across the vast, widespread sky as if they were blankets garnishing the sky. A flock of house sparrows in a perfect V-formation were soaring high up in the clouds. The sun was covered by the clouds but the sun's rays were so fierce that it could instantly turn a huge snowball into cold water. I find it odd how the sun was shining fiercely considering the fact that it was already two o' clock. But then again, who am I to question New Jersey's sun behavior when I just moved into here?

The taxi cab pulled over a huge house which was grand and enormous enough that it could be considered as a mansion. My mouth fell open and my eyes widen to the size of saucers as I looked at our new house. I quickly turned off my iPod silencing and stopping Rihanna's voice and followed Peter out of the cab. As the sole of my Converse sneaker touched the ground, a gust of wind nipped on my skin making me shiver. I even asked myself how I didn't even bother to put on a jacket or a cardigan perhaps knowing that the weather and temperature here in New Jersey is very different from the one in Los Angeles. I stared in awe as I looked at our new house. From the outside, I can tell that it has four, huge floors. The outside of the house was painted a dark beige color giving it a 'homey' look with large windows, large wooden doors and a huge balcony. I scanned the lawn and I was so mesmerized by it's beauty. A huge sycamore tree was standing tall on the soft, green grass. Bushes were scattered around. Red roses, violet lilacs and white peonies were decorating the whole garden giving it a pleasant look. There was even a fountain with the shape and structure of an angel with a bow and an arrow with its tip as a heart in the center of the lawn.

Dad suddenly cleared his throat gaining my attention. He made a gesture with his hand which caused all of us to follow him to the front porch. When we reached the wooden front porch, Dad pulled out a bronze key from his pocket and opened the door.