Chapter 17: Café Bréton

~Victoria's P.O.V.

We pulled away after a minute of an excruciating make-out session. We were both breathless and breathing erratically as we looked away from each other and awkwardness along with thick tension started filling the air surrounding us. I avoided eye contact with his mesmerizing ocean blue orbs as my own eyes flickered up to the black, night sky filled with thousands of twinkling stars. Both of our lips are swollen and red making it obvious to the whole world that we just shared an intense make-out session. Soon, a rusticating and gauche silence settled between us making me uncomfortable. Very uncomfortable, I might add.

"Uh...we should get going." Jason said so soft that it sounded more like a whisper. He cleared his throat gauchely still not making eye contact with me.

"Oh okay." I mumbled softly as I stood up and dusted off the imaginary dirt off of the fabric of my jeans. We both looked at the ground as we walked towards his car in pure and complete muteness.

As soon as my hand made contact with the door of his car, I immediately pulled the door handle and opened it. I quickly sat down on the comfortable leather seat of his car but still feeling awkward and quite uncomfortable. Soon after, Jason also got in and started the engine of the car. As the car started speeding down the road, I cannot help reminiscing the magical, excruciating kiss we had. I can consider it special since it was my first kiss......our first kiss.

A small smile appeared on my face as I thought about our kiss. I can still feel and taste his lips on mine. His tongue which tasted like peppermint was still on my tongue and it delighted my senses. It delighted me. I didn't really expect for him to kiss me or do anything like that.

My chocolate brown eyes flickered over to Jason who was silently driving. His eyes were focused on the road and as usual he looked breath-taking. His shaggy bleach-blond hair stuck to his forehead in all the right directions making him look so sexy. His ocean blue orbs were looking overhead and his red lips were forming a straight line. His rippled and slightly creased shirt clung to all the right places of his body along with the sleeves rolled up making his biceps visible to my naked eyes. My eyes shot back to his face which is pretty much expressionless. It didn't take a genius to know that he was probably regretting kissing me and planned to never do it again. I mean, why would he even like a stupid, clumsy, prosaic girl like me?

A bad boy like him will more likely fall in love with rich, blonde girls who did nothing in their lives besides painting their nails, buying every item in a Forever 21 store and act like they have anorexia or something and I am not that kind of girl. I'm the type of girl who would rather sit alone in her bed while solving problems on algebra and listening to The Beatles than going to a party to get wasted and end up crying in a bathroom on Monday morning because she found out that she was pregnant.

A sigh escaped my mouth as I finally had the control to look away and stared out the fog-tinted car window. Buildings of all sorts of eccentric shapes, sizes and colors along with mighty towers, stoplights, nightlights, sycamore trees and a few people and cars filled my vision as I admired the scenery. All of a sudden, a question popped into my mind.

Could I possibly fall for him?

~Jason's P.O.V.

I can feel her piercing gaze on me the whole car ride but I didn't bother looking at her nor sparing a single glance at her beautiful face even though I really wanted to. It took everything in me not to look at her because I know that I will not be able to stop myself from leaning towards her and kissing her. Again. I can still feel her soft lips brushing past mine and her tongue which tasted like strawberry sliding over my bottom lip. The excruciating kiss we had at the cliff seemed to be plastered on my mind. I know that I shouldn't have done it but I just couldn't help it. The sight of her biting her bottom lip was so tempting and looked so inviting.