Chapter 10: Grocery Shopping

~Victoria

As soon as the blinding rays of the morning sun penetrated through the light yellow curtains hanging on my windows, the sun's rays staggered my eyes that caused my eyes to flutter open. I blinked a few times adjusting to the sun's blinding light. After a minute or two, I rubbed my eyes and let out a groan. I wasn't planning to completely wake up yet so I turned around only to find something quite strange....

A figure with broad shoulders and bleach- blonde shaggy hair wearing a tight V-neck white shirt and dark grey jeans with its back facing me. And did I mention that it was a male?

As soon as realization dawned on me, I gulped. A huge lump started to form on my throat. Panic started surging within me down to the core of my frightened body. Nervousness was filling the insides of my body. I slowly sat up on my bed as sweat started to linger on my forehead, I quickly wiped it off with the back of my head.

I slowly got off of the bed, carefully to not wake up the stranger on my bed that I so badly want to kill. I tip-toed slowly towards my closet and opened it with the softest sound possible. Luckily, it didn't make any shrieking noise like it usually did. Quietly rummaging through the things in my closet, I finally found it. The only thing that could possibly save me from this possible-future-murderer of mine who was lying unconsciously on my very own bed. The only weapon I have right now. The only thing that could keep me alive.

Peter's baseball bat.

You must be wondering why I kept it inside my closet considering the fact that I know absolutely nothing when it comes to baseball and stuff.

Well, me being a very weird person I am, kept it in case of emergencies.

And this.....

This is definitely an emergency.

Getting the baseball bat with no sound, I slowly tip-toed towards my bed again. As soon as my knee came in contact with the edge of my bed's marble frame, I gulped. I was nervous of what was going to happen next but I need to at least try to get rid of this stranger who was lying comfortably on my bed. I haven't even seen his face but I'm probably sure he was a stranger.

I walked up over to him, I still couldn't see his face because it was covered with my pillow. Gulping, I raised the bad slowly above my head and gathered some self-confidence. My heart was pounding in my chest very loudly like it was going to rip it's way out of my chest. Bundles of sweat are lingering on my forehead and my body was full of nervousness and slight fear. With one final deep breath, I quickly hit the baseball bat to the stranger's back which resulted in a 'thwack' sound. The stranger fell off of my bed and towards the floor, face-first. A loud 'thump' sound echoed through my room. The stranger was now wide awake and slowly got up. His fists was clenched and he quickly whip his head towards me. I nearly fainted when I found out who the stranger was.

It was no other than Jason Reynolds, himself. I gulped as a wave of realization hit me, I just hit Jason Reynolds with my older brother's baseball bat and made him fall to the floor. His back was now swelling and I instantly regret the stupid thing I just done.