Chapter 11: Ex-Boyfriend Trouble

~Victoria's P.O.V.

Thump. Thump. Thump. My heartbeat increased and its pace began to quicken. Anxiety surged right into me. Panic started to rise within me. Beads of sweat started to linger on my forehead. My breathing were now ragged. My hands began shaking.

This is how I exactly felt as we approach the new clerk, Samuel - my ex-boyfriend.

A smirk appeared on his face as there were only a mere five inches between our faces. I tried to act cool and nonchalant but just seeing his face made me reminisce about all the memories of us, being a happy couple. Until he cheated on me over my ex-best friend, Stacy.

"Well, well, well." He said as I faced him. His trademark smirk evident on his handsome face.

I swear, I'm starting to get more pissed by the second.

"Look who we have here." He said as he began scanning our items and putting them in a paper bag. Every now and then, he kept throwing glances at me. I wouldn't mind if he was glancing at me but his glances were kinda devilishly. As if he's planning something later on that I would not definitely like.

As he put the last item, which was a pack of condoms, courtesy of Jason, he grabbed our groceries and handed it to me with a devious smirk on his face.

"Miss me?" He said being his usual cocky, arrogant self.

"As if." I scoffed.

"Does that count as a yes or a yes?" He said, smirking.

"Yes! I definitely miss you in your fucking dreams that will definitely not come true." I spat.

The surprised look on his face told me that he was taken aback because of my outburst. Back then, when we were still dating, back when everything is perfect. Me, being a naïve fifteen-year-old hopeless romantic girl, falling in love with a boy whom I thought was my Prince Charming. Everything was perfect, like we were living in a fairytale.

But fairy tales don't exist.

It has been proven when he recklessly cheated on me by sleeping with my former best friend, Stacy.

Right now, I really despise the both of them. The thought of them when I saw them both naked in my dorm on my very own bed made me feel so sick.

"Feisty, the way I like 'em." He said as he gave me a knowing smile as he disrupted me from whatever stupor I was in.

Mentally smiling for his attempt to make me fall in love with him again, which will never happen again, I rolled my eyes.

"We could have had it all, but you lost your one and only chance so, get lost." I said as I yanked the paper bag containing our grocery items from his filthy hands.

Wait- I just quoted Adele. Wow.

All of a sudden he grabbed my wrist and faced me with a quizzical eyebrow raised. 

In response, I swatted his arm off of my wrist and glared at him. He must know that I don't want any STDs or cooties from his filthy hands.

"What?!" I snapped, getting annoyed.

"Is he your new boyfriend?" He asked as he emphasized the word 'boyfriend'. His statement was made out of pure disgust as he looked over at Jason with disgust written all over his face.

He turned to face me again and the next thing I knew Jason, being quite short-tempered, grabbed his shirt by the collar and looked at him angrily.

"If you're regretting everything you did to Victoria, then you should be!" He shouted with a growl.