Chapter 12: Pre-Date

~ Victoria's P.O.V.

I watched as Jason went towards me carrying two Mocha Frappes with both of his hands. He has a devious smirk plastered on his face. A huge lump formed on my throat and I quickly swallowed it. I gulped, as I avoided trying not to make eye contact with his green orbs that are so breathtaking. I knew he was about to do something. "Hope for the best, prepare for the worst." I kept chanting that in my head until he was finally standing at the edge of the table. When I looked up at him, he was looking down at me and was grinning. I could tell that he was up to something. I'm pretty sure about that.

As he sat down the chair that was placed across me, he smiled at me, devilishly and I rolled my eyes. I can tell that whatever he was planning to do, it will not be good. Like, ever.

~Jason's P.O.V.

As I smirked devilishly at Victoria as I went over to our table at the far corner of Starbucks whilst holding the two Mocha Frappes with my hands. As I reached the edge of the table, I plopped down on the seat so right now I am facing the very beautiful face of Victoria. She gulped and I can tell that she wasn't going to like my 'annoyance' and 'interrogation' that I was planning to do. My smirk grew wider as I noticed that she was becoming nervous and a little bit scared by the second.

Noticing that I was still holding the two cups, I gave one to Victoria. But then, the strangest thing happened.........

Whilst I was handing her the cup our fingers brushed and I felt a small wave of spark and tingled that has surged within my body. I never dated girls so this feeling is new to me.

But this whole electric and spark feeling is very unusual and downright weird.

I mentally shook my head as she pried off the cup off of my hand and began drinking it. I smirked and looked at her. Her heart-shaped face, curly hair, chocolate brown eyes, small button nose that's so adorable, her defined cheekbones, cute dimples and then my eyes landed on a thing I would've never deserve to touch.

Her soft, light pink lips.

I swallowed the big lump that has formed in my throat. What the heck was I thinking? Even if I love her, which I don't right now, I will never deserve her. She is too innocent, compared to me who is very dangerous. She deserves someone who is as innocent as her. She deserves someone who is a whole lot better than me. I will never let her into my life. Dangers will surely come to her way if she becomes involved in my life. I wouldn't let that happen. I will never let her be hurt because of me. I will never let danger come her way. And the only way to prevent that from happening is to not be attached to her. However, that task seems to be hard for me. She cannot be with a guy like me. She doesn't know my secret but when she does, she will surely leave me and I don't want that to happen.

If only....