Chapter 13: McDonalds

~ Victoria's P.O.V.

"We're eating at McDonalds?" I asked, dumbfounded. I was expecting a restaurant not a fast-food chain. I looked over at Jason who was still not answering my question.

He has a stupid smirk plastered on his face and simply said,

"Oh goody! You figured it out Captain Obvious." He said as he opened the car door and got out. Still frowning, I got out of the car too.

As soon as the sole of my shoe made contact with the cold, hard ground. The wind suddenly became chilly and cold. The late October breeze fanned my face. My hair freely swayed in the wind as I clutched my cardigan tighter. Leaves that fell down from the old, huge oak tree were rustling. I looked up to the sky and was mesmerized by its stunning beauty. Stars were tinkling like diamonds in the sky adding beauty to the dark sky. City lights coming from buildings decorated the night sky with beautiful, colorful lights that are shimmering and twinkling. I smiled to myself feeling content with the night sky's beauty.

Letting out a small sigh, I began walking towards the entrance of McDonalds with Jason following closely behind.

As we both stepped inside McDonalds, loud laughs and chatters filled the air. The cold breeze from the air conditioner made contact with my face. The familiar scent of fried chickens and hamburgers filled my nostrils as I inhaled the yummy scent. I scanned around McDonalds happily. Employees getting orders from hungry customers, waiters serving the foods, little children eating messily and their parents scolding them to not eat like a pig. A small smile crept on my face. Then all of a sudden, a hand waving in front of me soon covered my sight, breaking me from the trance I was in and snapping me back to reality.

"Earth to Victoria!" A deep velvety voice shouted on my ear making me jump a little.

Turns out, it was the devil himself who startled me. Glaring at him, I whacked his arm and crossed my arms against my chest.

"Ow!" He whined.

He turned to face me and gave me a death glare of his own.

"What was that for?!" He asked in an annoyed tone. It couldn't possibly hurt him. Unless I've gotten a superpower that made me gain strength or something as impossible like that which is very unlikely to happen in real life.

"That's for shouting in my ear." I said as I scowled at him.

I spun on my heel and began finding a vacant table for the two of us. After a minute or two, I finally found a vacant table at the far end corner of McDonalds. A small smile made its way on my face as I walked towards the table with Jason closely following behind me. Once we reached the table, I let out a small sigh of relief. God, I'm starving right now. I plopped myself down on the seat and so did Jason. Lucky for us, we were near the air conditioner so we wouldn't get sweaty and hot whilst eating. The cold breeze fanned my face making me clutch my cardigan tighter to myself. Soon, an awkward silence reigned over us making me shift in my seat due to the uncomfortableness I am currently experiencing in my current situation.

Deciding to break the awkward silence between the two of us, I cleared my throat. Jason seemed to break out of whatever stupor he was in. He looked at me and raised a quizzical eyebrow.

"Last time I checked, McDonald's is a fast-food chain and not a place to just sit down and relax." I said as a (fake) smile made it's way on my face.

"Uh, yeah. Sorry....I just spaced out." He said as he put his hand at the back of his neck and stood up.

"Clearly." I said with a smirk.

"What do you want to eat?" He asked.

"4-piece chicken nuggets and Coke." I said as I smiled warmly at him.