Chapter 12

I wake up to the sunlight streaming through the window. I move to close the curtains but I'm held in place by a strong arm wrapped around my torso. Slowly Turning around I notice it's Lando. What's he doing in my bed and why do I not hate it? "Ugh why does my head hurt so bad?" I say quietly and lay back down. "Probably because you had about 10 shots with Charles, Alex and George last night." Lando mumbles from next to me. "Ooh that would explain it." I say with a small smile.

I begin to move but he keeps me in place. "No." He says and I laugh. "Ok but unless you want the literal sun to continue shining through the curtains I suggest you let me get up. I'll be right back." I say with a smile. He sighs and lets me go. I slowly get up and close the curtains once the earth stops spinning. I grab a bottle of water from the table and drink half of it before climbing back into bed. Lando wraps his arms around me again and we fall back asleep.

I wake up and find the other side of the bed empty. I roll over and find a small note on the bedside table. I unfold it.

Hello beautiful

Sorry, I had to leave. See you later.

Lando

I smile at the nickname he wrote. I know we aren't dating officially yet but I really really like him. His smile makes me smile, his laugh is the most beautiful thing I have ever heard. I haven't felt anything like this for another person. But there is so much more to it than just our feelings. Being in a relationship with someone else on the grid is sometimes not the best idea, since it can sometimes be quite difficult to separate what happens on track from what happens off track.

I lay in bed for a few minutes before checking the time on my phone. I ignore the millions of notifications that I have and see time is 1 pm. I get slowly get ready and then my phone rings. It's and unknown number but I answer it anyways.

Hello?

Hey Hannah, it's George. Alex, Charles, Lando and I were wondering if you would like to go out and explore with us this afternoon.

Yeah sure that sounds great. What time?

In ten minutes?

Ok great. I'll be ready. See you then bye.

Ok goodbye.

I grab my small backpack and place my phone and wallet in there. After placing my sunglasses on my head I make sure my hair looks nice in the mirror. I open the door and find three men standing there. "Oh hello." Charles said surprised. "Hello. Were you guys just chilling out here waiting for me." I ask with a smile. They look at each other and nod. "Oh my gosh. You are all chops." I say and close the door. "Sorry?" Alex asks confused. "We are what?" George asks with a smile on his face. "Oh, a chop. It is South African slang. It like instead of saying idiot. I would always call my friends chops. It's endearing." I say with a smile and George shakes his head at me.

"Ok where are we going? And where is Lando?" I ask putting on my sunglasses as we walk out the hotel. Alex smiles and was about to answer before we hear. "Wait for me!" And Lando comes jogging out the hotel. "Hey." I smile at him. "Hi." He greets back, hugging me before greeting the boys.

"We were thinking about going on a little tour with our resident Aussie." Alex says which confuses me till I hear the voice. "Hi guys. The car is over here." I hear Daniel say from behind me. The guys insist that I sit in the passenger seat which I'm fine with since that means I get to choose the music.

After we are all strapped in I grab the aux cord and press shuffle on my playlist. The first song that plays is Shut up and drive by Rihanna. Lando starts to sing softly from the seat behind me as Daniel pulls off onto the road. I turn a little and see Lando staring out the window, singing along. He notices me watching him and stops, his cheeks grow red instantly and he attempts to hide his face against the window. "Are you blushing Lando?" Charles asks loudly from the back row of seats. "Noooo." He mumbles unconvincingly and we all laugh.

We arrive back at the hotel. "Thanks Dan. I will see you in Bahrain." I say with a smile as I get out the car. "Yeah. Bye guys." Dan says as he climbs out the one car and into another, since his plane leaves in a hour. Thanks to Alex and George, who wanted to stop and look at everything, we ran a little bit behind schedule. "Let's meet back in the lobby at 8 and then we can go for dinner." George says looking at his watch. I check mine to see that it's only 5 o'clock now. "Sounds good." I say with a smile and George and Alex disappear back to their rooms.

"Come. I want to show you something." Lando says with a smile. I follow him into the elevator and he pushes the button for the top floor.