Chapter 37

After all my interviews have finished I walk back to my driver room. Passing Max's in the process. I knock on his door. "Yup." I hear from inside. "Hey I just wanted to say well done." I say, opening the door. "Thank you. How are you feeling?" He asks. "I'm good. My neck is a little bit sore but other than that I'm fine." I say with a small smile. "I saw the replay. That was major. You and Lando? Are you two ok?" He asks concerned. "Yeah, we are fine. Just taking it slow." I say with a smile. "Good. You two are good for each other." Max says. "Thanks. That means a lot." I say and give him a hug before moving next door to my own room.

~

I make my way back to my hotel room. Closing the door behind me I flop onto the bed. My phone pings next to me.

LandHOE
Get ready. I'll be at your door in an hour. Dress casual.

Hannah 🍌
Are you asking me on a date, Mr Norris?

LandHOE
Yes. Unless you don't want to. If not thats fine

Hannah 🍌
I can't wait 💕 You better be here on time though

LandHOE
I will make sure of it

At that I place my phone down and get ready. Pulling out a comfy pair of jeans and a shirt I bought the other day. I spend a while scrolling through Twitter, finding cute photos in my mentions. A lot of people asking about our relationship, which is very annoying. Can't people stay out of my private life. I guess that's what I get for being an F1 driver.

Exactly an hour since Lando sent the message, a knock on the door echoes through my apartment. I throw the door open, revealing a very nervous looking Lando. "Hey. You ready?" He asks. "Yeah just one sec." I say, grabbing my phone and purse before walking back to him. "You ready to go?" He asks with a smile. "Yes, let's go." I reply as we walk down towards the elevator.

He leads me downt the road and we stop in front of a small, casual resturant. "This looks cute." I smile and we walk in. We find ourselves a table in the back corner, away from everyone else. We quietly sit there and look through the menu, awkwardness filling the space between us. I know it will take a while to get back to the happy couple we once were but this just feels wrong.

"So anyting new in the life of Lando Norris?" I question and he looks up at me. "Oh yes, I've been meaning to tell you about this. I am starting an esports group with four other youtubers and streamers." He says proudly. "Wow, thast super cool. That sounds amazing." I say, genuinely happy and excited for him. "Who is in the group?" I question. "I don't know if you know them but its Arrava, FNG or Niran, Super GT or Steve, and Riabish or Ria." He says listing them. "Oh I know Arrav and Niran. I watch their videos all the time." I say. "but Niran does football videos." Lando asks, confused. "Yes and? Can't a girl like football" I question. "Well you never said that you like football so how was I supposed to know." He says with a small laugh. "Yeah. I guess you're right." I say, laughing too and from then on there wasn't a single quiet moment throughout or dinner.  

~

Lando and I walk to this small park near the hotel. We sit on one of the benches, watching the people walk by. I place my head on his shoulder as he wraps my hand in his. "This is nice." he sighs, resting his head on top of mine. we sit there for a few minutes in silence. just enjoying eachothers company. "Yeah." I sigh back.

~

"Thank you Lan. Tonight was fun." I sat to him as we arrive back at my hotel room. "I'm glad you enjoyed it. I had fun too." He smiles at me. I wrap my arms around him, his arms find their way around my waist. "Goodnight." I say, quickly kissing him on the cheek before letting go and walking into my hotel room. I gather all my stuff and pack it. Ready to leave for my 10 o'clock flight tomorrow. I quickly get ready and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

I shove the last piece of clothing into my suitcase and zip it closed. Collecting the last few things lying around my room before walking out. "HannnnaaaAAaahhhh!" I hear from behind me. I turn around to see Max. "Maxie." I smile, he grumbles at the nickname but continues walking up to me. "How are you?" He asks. "Good. Ready to go home. You?" I ask. "Same." He replies and we walk to the elevator. Checking out of the hotel before leaving for the airport along with the rest of our team.

~

"Hey Hannah. Come to the factory tomorrow. We have some stuff we need to film please." Kaylee says to me as I walk out the airport. "Ok. I'll see you then." I say with a smile before walking off towards my car.

"And what are you doing here?" I ask my boyfriend who is leaning against my car. "I was hoping I could get a lift home. I forgot that Daniel and I got a taxi here." He says. "You chop. Of course." I say before placing my suitcase in the boot. "I'll drive." He offers. "You sure?" I ask. "Yeah." He says. I throw him the keys and he easily catches them. "Great. Let's go." He says, with a smile.

We climb in the car, Lando starts it and pulls out the parking lot. His free hand makes its way over to mine, intertwining our fingers. He pulls my hand over and places a soft kiss onto it. A small blush covers my face and Lando throws me one of his signature smiles before focusing on the road again.

His thumb rubs comftingly up and down the back of my hand. "So the boys and I were talking." Lando starts...