Chapter 16

I walk into Red Bull headquarters. I have a meeting now and then I'm going to practise/ train on the sim. Max waves at me as I pass him but I ignore him, still upset at what he said about me after the race. "Hey Hannah! Wait!" He calls, walking after me, I don't stop. "Hey! What's wrong?" He asks, getting infront of me. "I'm not in the mood for this right now so please leave me alone." I say, attempting to get past. "You're my friend, I want to know what's going on." He says which makes me stop in my tracks. "Friend?" I ask turning around. "A 'FRIEND' wouldn't go behind your back and tell your boss to fire you because you do better in one race. A 'FRIEND' wouldn't use his little bit of superiority to try and ruin your career. So no. I'm not your 'FRIEND'." I say and turn back around, eventually finding the meeting room.

~

I climb into the sim. Ready to let out all my frustrations on the racing, even though it is virtual. After spending a few minutes on the setup I select Bahrain and get to work.

After spending about an hour on the sim, racing around the Bahrain circuit, it's only 3 o'clock. I grab a coffee before walking out to my car. I see Max standing next to my car. "Can we talk please?" Max asks. "No, maybe another day. What you said really hurt." I say, placing my stuff into the back of my Honda that I was given two days ago. "I know and I'm really sorry." Max says. "Are you? Are you really?" I ask as I climb into my car and pull out of the parking spot.

~

I left HQ ten minutes ago and I get a call from Lando.

Hey babe

Hi Lan, what's up?

I was wondering if you wanted to come over for the night.

Yeah that would be great. I'm going to be home in fifteen minutes and then I will let you know when I'm on my way.

Ok, drive safe. Bye

Bye Lan

~

I walk into my new apartment. I pack some clothes into my backpack and place all my other stuff I will need into the bag. I change out of my 'work' clothes and throw on a pair of leggings along with Lando's hoodie that he gave me, so I can give it back even though I don't want to. After about 20 minutes I make my way to my car and leave.

I haven't told Lando that I'm here yet even though I'm standing right outside his apartment door. I knock and hear some movement inside the apartment. The door swings open and I'm engulfed into a pair of strong arms. I hug him back. "Hi babe." I say with a smile. "Hi." He says and pulls away from the hug, kissing me quickly, before grabbing my hand and pulling me into the apartment.

I place my backpack on the couch and turn around to find Lando staring at me. "Like what you see?" I ask and he looks up at me. "Well babe, you are in my hoodie and those leggings are just, Wow." Lando says making, making me slightly self conscious. Lando notices this. "You look gorgeous, and don't worry about giving the hoodie back, it looks better on you." He says giving me a hug. "Good because you were not going to get the hoodie back anyways." I say and he laughs. "Ok come, I am going to stream. If you're fine with that?" He asks. "Yeah that sounds fun. We can do a q and a." I say and he smiles. "Yeah, that's a good idea," He says and before I could do anything he picks me up and carries me to his gaming room. I squeal and wrap my arms around his neck. "You know I can walk right?" I say with a giggle. "Yes but my princess doesn't have to." He says. "You're so cute." I say and kiss his cheek.

Lando starts the stream and I sit on his old gaming chair off camera, as he wants to introduce me. "Hi chat." Lando says and reads the chat. "Well chat, I have a very special person here that is going to join my stream." He says and I smile. "No it's not George or Alex." He says. "It's the one and only Hannah." He says looking at me. I push off the wall, wheeling myself into the frame, also bumping into Lando in the process which makes us burst out into laughter. "Hi chat." I say once I have collected myself. And I see a stream of 'Hi Hannah's in chat. "So do you want to play a game first? Or we can talk to chat?" Lando asks. "Ooh what games do you have." I ask. "Wait, what if I teach you how to play call of duty." Lando says. "Yeah that sounds fun." I say with a smile and he opens the game while I interact with chat. "Whoa there are other people from South Africa in here. Hi." I say, waving at the camera.

"Ok so now you can pick your weapons." He says. "Just any one." I say and he nods. I quickly select the load out that I use when I play because clearly Lando doesn't know that I play call of duty. He looks surprised at the load out I have chosen. "That's actually a really great load out." He says. "Oh I just picked the guns that looked cool." I say playing along. I see a few laughing emojis in chat but Lando doesn't notice.

The game starts and I pretend to be really bad. "Ok jump up there." "Pick that up, it helps." "Watch out for that guy!" He yells at me before the other guy kills me. I look right into the camera and nod at the people watching. I land after re-spawning and begin the search for the other players. I spot someone and headshot him. "Wow, that was really good Hannah." He says. I love it when he says my name, I don't know what it is. "Thanks." I say, concentrating on the game.