Chapter 48

After a surprisingly successful Monza weekend, I arrive back at home. Ready to train to be in the best shape for my first home race ever. I wake up early, rolling out of Lando's arms trying not to wake him. I quietly change before making my way out the house for a run.

After a good hour an a half I make my way back home. I open the door and take off my shoes. "Hannah?" I hear a worried voice. "Yes?" I question back. Loud footsteps echo towards me. "Babe! Are you ok? Where did you go?" Lando asks worriedly, wrapping my sweaty body in his arms. "I went for a run. I'm sorry for not telling you." I apologize, wrapping my arms around him. I feel his heart rate slow down. "I was so worried. Leave a note next time please." He says to me. Moving to place his forehead on mine. "I can't loose you again." He continues softly. I place my hand on his cheek. "I'm not going anywhere my love." I reply and Lando leans in, kissing me.

~

After a long week of training, Lando and I decided to fly to South Africa a few days earlier. To climatize and do a little bit of sightseeing. Event though we are going to travel a little with the others after the race.

We land in Johannesburg on the Sunday morning. We are staying together for the first few days until the rest of the teams arrives, then we will stay with them.

Lando and I weave our way through the airport. My hand laced in his, leading him the right way. "Ok. You have to have the full Johannesburg experience. Which means you must travel on the Gautrein." I say to him. Confusion crosses his face. Lando opens his mouth to question but before he can ask, I answer his question. "It is a train that runs from this airport. It's super quick and you can see most parts of the city." I say and he nods his head. I quickly buy the tickets and move to the platform.

Throughout the train ride I point out buildings and places to Lando. He stared out the window in amazement. "This is very different to the other countries I have visited." He says making me giggle. "Question. Who or what is Zuma? Because I have seen signs and graffiti about getting rid of it." Land asks. "Oh he was our president. He stole billions of Rands (a/n the currency in South Africa) from the country." I casually say. "Wow. That's horrible." He says. "Yeah. This country has a lot of history." I say to him. "Well I want to hear all of it." Lando says, smiling down at me as he wraps his arm closer around my shoulders. Pulling me closer.

We get off the train at the stop nearest to our hotel. I quickly order an Uber and we make our way to the hotel. After checking in we make our way to the hotel room. It's on the top floor overlooking the city. I open the doors to the balcony and walk out, looking out at the city. "It's beautiful." Lando says, walking up behind me and wrapping his arms around my torso. We stand like that for a few minutes, watching Johannesburg bustle by. "I'm down to cuddle and watch a movie for the rest of the day if you are." He suggests. "Yes that sounds amazing." I say and he smiles, leading me to the ginormous bed.

~

"Lando, wake up babe." I say to him, shaking him. "Good morning babe." He says. "Wake up. I have plans for us today. Let's go." I say excitedly before pulling Lando out of bed.

We ordered room service, which arrived quite quickly. "So what do you have planned?" Lando asks as we eat. "Oh I'm not saying but it will be fun." I say, a smile on my face. Lando rolls his eyes at me as his smile grows.

We walk down to the reception and I collect the keys for the car I organized. "Ooh you really are organized." Lando says as we walk out to the car, which is a small Audi. "Yeah, I have to be." I say. "Why?" He questions. "Because you aren't." I joke before climbing into the drivers seat.

I pull into the parking lot of Gold reef city. The huge amusement park in Johannesburg. "Wow. This is awesome. Come, let's go." Lando says, almost more excited than I am as he bounds down to the ticket office.

We go on so many different rides and rollercoasters. "This one is called the Anaconda. It's the second fastest rollercoaster in the country." I say to Lando as we stand in line. "Really?" He says and his face pales a little in fear. "Don't worry I have been on it before. You'll be fine babe, I'll be here the whole time." I comfort him. The whole ride Lando was yelling and I was laughing at his yelling.

We try our best to stay away from the sugary and unhealthy food. Maybe or maybe not sharing a bag of candy floss. We have been on almost every ride. I have collected so many selfie's of the two of us, cute ones and stupid ones. Quite a few fans have stopped us and asked us for pictures, and we agreed. As the sun sets we find our way to the Ferris wheel. "How typical of us." Lando comments. "Just like a romance movie." I add making both of us laugh.

Lando holds me close the whole time on the Ferris wheel. Every few minutes he would lean down and kiss me as we watch the sun begin to set. Eventually our ride comes to an end and we make our way out the park. "That was amazing. I had so much fun. Thanks you for that babe." Lando says, wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "I'm glad, I had so much fun too." I say, climbing into the drivers seat. "What do you want to do for dinner. We can go out?" I suggest. "Ok but don't tell Jon." Lando says. "You don't tell mine and I won't tell yours." I say to him and he laughs.