Chapter 13

The soft breeze blows my hair a little as we walk across the roof. We walk to where there are seats overlooking the city. "This view is really gorgeous. I didn't really look at it last night." I say with a laugh. "Yeah I figured as much." Lando says sitting down. I sit next to him and he wraps his arm around my shoulder. I lean into him and enjoy his comforting arms. We talk about almost anything.

"So who do you think is going to win the championship?" I ask him. "Drivers or constructors?" He replies. "Both?" I say with a smile. He laughs. "Well for the drivers championship I think that Lando Norris will win. He is the most talented driver on the grid." Lando says with a cocky smile which makes me laugh. "Ok I should have expected that answer." I say with a smile. "But I personally think that Van Staden is way more talented and therefore she will win." I say with a smile. "How dare you." Lando says, moving away from me on the bench, pretending to be upset. I laugh at his childish behavior. "How about we agree to disagree." I say with a laugh. "Yeah sure, even though we both know the correct answer." He replies.

After a few minutes of silence Lando moves and turns to face me. "What's up?" I ask concerned. "Um there is something I have been wanting to tell you for a while and after this past week, I know I need to tell you." Lando says. My heart rate increases, nervous about his next words. "You can tell me anything, I'm always here for you." I say, placing my hand on his shoulder, encouragingly.

"I wanted to tell you that I really really like you. I-I know we have only been talking like this for a few months but it feels like I've known you for forever. If you don't feel the same I completely understand I just felt like you needed to know." Lando says nervously. I smile. "I really really like you too." I admit and a huge smile breaks out onto his face. He is quiet for a little, he looks deep in thought. Before finally turning back to me. "Would you like to be my girlfriend?" He asks quickly, his nervousness showing. I nod my head. "Yes. I would love to be your girlfriend." I say and tackle him into a hug.

"But I have one condition." I say and pull away from the hug. "What is it?" Lando asks cautiously. "Can we keep it a secret for a little bit." I ask with a small smile, nervous of his response. "Yes, I can do that. As long as you and I know that you belong in my arms, I'm fine." He says with his adorable smile. He slowly leans in and captures my lips with his, I feel fireworks all over my body. This day could not have been any more perfect.

"I'll be back here at 5 to eight for dinner." Lando says as we walk up to the door to my hotel room. "Can't wait." I whisper against his lips before closing the gap between us quickly. He pulls away and smiles. "You can't keep kissing me in public. You are the one that wants to keep it a secret." He says with a cocky smile. "Well when you look so cute, how can I resist?" I say and he laughs. "I'll see you later, babe." He whispers the last part before walking beck down the corridor to his room. I close my door with a huge smile on my face.

It is only half past five, so that means I have just under two and a half hours till Lando gets here. I only take half an hour to get ready so I grab my iPad and open Netflix.

The diner with the five of us tonight is formal, according to Charles. I grab the second dress that I packed. It is a deep red color and it just reaches my knees. After a quick shower I change into the dress, do some natural makeup and grab my red heels. The heels aren't that tall because I don't really like wearing heels but sometimes they look better with a dress than sneakers.

At exactly 7:55 I hear a knock on the door. I grab my phone and my wallet and open the door. "Wow. You look gorgeous." Lando says. I look at him and see he is in a Tux. It is a good thing my hand is still on the door frame or else I might have fainted from the sight. How does he look so good. "You look incredibly handsome." I say with a smile and grab his hand as we walk to the elevator.