Chapter 26

I place my earrings in and fix my freshly curled hair before checking my outfit of black jeans, and creamy sweater and sneakers, since it's winter and it can get quite cold here. I see Lando walk into the room, already dressed. He walks up behind me, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. "You look gorgeous, as always." He says, making me blush. "Thanks babe, you look great too." I say, commenting on his similar outfit.

The doorbell rings and I stop helping mom prepare food and quickly wipe my hands before answering the door. "Hannah! So nice to see you again!" My aunt says and pulls me in for a hug. "Hi, it's great to see you too." I reply. "Is that man of yours here? I've have been waiting to meet him." She asks, my aunt and I are very close. When I was younger she would phone me every weekend and I would tell her all about my week. She even came to one or two of my races. I greet my uncle before walking back into the house.

I find Lando standing outside talking to James. "Babe, come there is someone I want you to meet." I say and his eyes go a little wide. James looks behind me into the house. "Mate, it's my aunt and she treats Hannah like her own daughter, so beware." James says, which makes Lando look even more worried. "James! He is just saying that to mess with you. Come on." I say with a small smile, grabbing his hand.

~

"And then I- Sorry, excuse me." I say excusing myself from a conversation with some of my family members. I walk closer to Lando, who is standing in the corner by himself. "Hey, you ok?" I ask, wrapping my arms around his neck. He places his hands on my waist. "Yeah, it's a lot of new people at once." He says with a small smile. "Yes but from what I hear, they all love you." I say and a smile appears on his face. "Really?" He asks. "Yes, they love how you present yourself and the way you treat me. I even overheard my aunts saying that they hope we get married because we are so cute together." I say with a giggle and a small blush covers Lando's face. "I told you, you had nothing to be nervous about. Come, my younger cousins are inside. I don't think I have introduced them to you. But just be careful, one of them is sadly a McLaren fan. All my hard work of trying to convert him to a Red Bull fan and he just doesn't budge." I say and Lando's eyes light up at the sound of meeting a fan. "Really? Sounds like the best type of person. Where is he?" Lando asks as we walk inside.

"Nathan, I have someone I want you to meet." I say to the 8 year old infront of me. He turns around and smiles at me before spotting Lando behind him. "Oh my gosh. Lando!" He says and runs over to Lando, tackling him in a hug. "Hey buddy, I hear you're a big fan." Lando says kneeling down infront of him. "Yeah, Hannah keeps trying to make me a Red Bull fan but I like you better." Nathan says making Lando smile. "You can support whoever you want to." Lando says before Nathan pulls us over to play with the others.

~

"Your family is crazy." Lando says as he climbs into the bed next to me. "Yours isn't exactly calm either." I say, looking up from my phone. "That's very true." He says with a small laugh. I put my phone down and turn the bedside lamp off.

Lando wraps his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him. "Tomorrow is going to be difficult, and I understand that. I'm going to be here for you every step of the way." He says into my ear which makes me tear up a little. "Thanks baby. That means a lot. I really appreciate you being here for me." I say. "Of course. I wouldn't be anywhere else." He says to me and gives me a sweet kiss on my forehead before we both fall asleep.