Chapter 19

I race through Cape Town airport and grab a taxi to the hospital where my dad is. After phoning my manager we checked flights and there is one that will get me to Monaco by Thursday morning which is good enough. That also means I only have just over a day here before having to leave.

I quickly pay the driver before grabbing my luggage and racing into the hospital. I eventually get my dad's room number and race upstairs dragging my poor suitcase behind me. "Hannah!" My mom yells as she sees me. She runs up to me and tackles me in a hug. "Oh I'm so glad you are here." She says and I can tell she is about to cry.

My brother, James, walks up behind her and eventually my mom lets go, letting me hug my brother. "Hey congrats on your current p4 in the championship. Usually people take a while to get used to F1 cars. Apparently all except you." He says which makes me smile a little. "Yeah. It's been tough being the only female on the grid but I have pushed through all the sexist questions for now." I say with a small smile.

I walk into my dads room with my mom and James behind me. Seeing all the machines attached to him just breaks my heart. I hate seeing him in pain. The only machine I care about is the beeping one that tells me that he is still alive.

The doctor eventually comes and brings me up to speed on all that we know. My father is in a coma but it is likely that he will wake up in a few days. My phone pings in my pocket.

Tayla
Hey. Let me know if you dad is ok. I'm always here to phone if you need to talk. Love you and I'm praying for you.

Hannah
Thanks babes. He's stable and it looks like he is going to wake up within a few days. Might need to call later. Love you too

I slip my phone back into my pocket as my brother turns to me. "Coffee?" He asks. "Yes please." I say and sit down next to mom as my brother makes his way downstairs to buy us coffee. "So Hannah. Tell me about this season so far. I have been keeping up but tell me all the details." She says. I can tell she is trying to get her mind off of everything. "Yeah. This season has been great. I'm loving the new team. They are really pushing me but it's good motivation." I begin and sit there telling her all about Red Bull, well everything that I can tell her. Even after my brother bought us our coffees we were still talking.

~

I take my dads hand in mine once more, giving it a slight squeeze. "I love you dad. Please come back to us." I say and kiss his forehead before walking out the room. "Ready?" James says. He has offered to take me to moms me dads house quickly so I can freshen up and then take me back to the airport for my flight to Monaco. "Yeah. Let's go." I agree, wheeling my bag behind me.

After a quick shower I put on black leggings and my Red Bull racing shirt with my Red Bull hoodie and make my way back to the car, locking up the house behind me. "Ok let's go." I give him a small smile after climbing back into the car.

~

I make my way down to the lobby After having about an hour of time to myself in my hotel room I am needed down at the track for interviews today. I'm not in the mood for questions but I have to do it.

After the main press conference and managing to avoid questions about why I only arrived in Monte Carlo today, I make my way back to the Red Bull garage. "Hannah." I hear a very familiar voice of my Boyfriend behind me. "Hi Lan." I smile and give him a hug. "You are just the person I needed to see today." I say, still wrapped in his arms.

"Why did you only get here this morning?" Lando asks, getting straight to the point. "I w-" "Lando! Your interviewers are waiting. Let's go." Says his PR manager, interrupting my explanation. "Go. I will see you later." I say with a small smile and walk into the Red Bull garage.

~

Today is qualifying and I still haven't had the chance to talk to Lando yet. We have both been so busy that we haven't even seen each other. I push that out of my head and focus on qualifying. The thought of my father still prominent in my mind but I know that he would want me to focus on qualifying and not him. So that's exactly what I do. I jump in the car and the pit lane goes green. Eventually I'm waved out the garage and into the pit lane.

Well done Hannah. P3. Q1 is over, return to pits.

Yes Hannah! P2. Another lap like that and you could be looking at front row of the grid. Return to pits.

Jumping back into the car for Q3 is always nerve racking. I know I can do well. I'm waved out the garage and into the pit lane.

Ok Hannah. Track is clear ahead. Go for timed lap.

I pick up the pace and cross the start/finish line and race around the track, people on slower laps pulling over to get out my way. After what feels like forever of putting all my strength into fast laps I hear over the radio.

Congratulations Hannah!

__________________________
Hi everyone. I'm really sorry these updates are quite slow. I'm trying my best to write but school has me busy. I will try to update as soon as I can.