Prologue

I paced back and forth outside of the training grounds.

"Oi, brat cut it out."

Levi was walking towards me I could tell I had annoyed him but continued pacing back and forth anyway.

"Sorry," I murmured.

I stared up at the sky admiring the stars above me. The moon shone brightly enveloping me in a sense of peace.

Soon, Soon I'll make sure that wherever you are I make you all proud.

I just hope that this is the right thing to do, that this is what you would have wanted me to do.

"What are you doing out here?" he asked.

"I was just thinking about what is out there beyond the ocean."

Levi gave me a side glance. "I've known you long enough to know there is more going on in that little head of yours than you're telling me."

I chuckled a bit although I wished he couldn't read me that easily I couldn't deny that what Levi was saying was right.

In fact, I wasn't just thinking about what was out there but rather how to get there.

After we had defeated the beast titan, Reiner, and Bertholdt I was left with many questions.

I had had an interaction with beast titan or as he presented himself, Zeke Jaeger. I had tried killing him and I would've succeeded had I not broken my arm while fighting a titan.

He had seen me fight the Titans he held under his control dropping left and right as I sliced their napes. My speed was a close second to Levi and Zeke took notice as he couldn't possibly survive an attack from both.

As I lay on the ground clutching my broken arm. I inhaled sharply noticing Zeke walking closer to me at the moment I realized that my ribs were also broken and there was no way I was going to make it out alive.

I closed my eyes waiting for the end but it never came.

I opened my eyes slowly and noticed Zeke with the cart titan ready to leave.

"There so much you don't know, but well meet again one day." he said.

I was Enraged at the number of comrades I'd lost including the closest thing I had to a father figure, Commander Erwin, "Next time we do I'll kill you" I spat.

At first, I thought he was taunting me but he was right, there was so much I didn't know but now I would learn right under his nose.

They came from somewhere but where was my question. They had a motive that I didn't quite understand and there was an enemy much bigger than anything I'd ever known.

I spent nights reading books and trying to get ideas of how to get across the ocean. I knew I could do it I was smart probably too smart for my own good.

I had found a book that spoke about boats and how they were used to travel the ocean.

Every night for the past few weeks I had snuck away and made a small boat out of wood From materials from the surrounding forests. It wasn't the prettiest sight but I was determined to take it on a test run tonight.

I looked back at Levi "You're right I just feel a bit sick" I lied.

"Nothing a good night's rest can't fix!" I said with a smile.

Levi nodded clearly not convinced but walking away regardless knowing there were better things to spend his time on.

I let out a sigh of relief and ran to my room.

In a drawer, I had a bag filled with the things I wished to take with me along with some food I had saved from my previous meals next to it lay a letter. If I was successful tonight I wouldn't be coming back and that letter would be the only thing left to explain my disappearance.

I took off my 3DM gear and uniform setting them on my bed next to the letter.

I grabbed some regular clothes and a long black cloak to keep me hidden and warm.

I had made sure to spend as much time as I could with my friends on the days leading up to this but I couldn't help feel a pang of guilt knowing I was leaving for my own selfish desires.

After my mother died Erwin had taken me in and raised me to become a great soldier. I knew about his father's theory and now I wanted to find out more in his honor.

Walking towards the stables and made my way over to my Black mare, Onyx. After mounting him I looked back not sure when I would see the only place I had ever called home again.

I successfully sneaked through the gates and after riding for a bit I reached the forest where I kept the boat hidden away. I tied the boat to the saddle knowing that it would be easier to drag the boat by horse.

I was consumed by my thoughts. I was scared of the unknown but I couldn't just stay here and wait for the enemy to come I needed to learn first hand what was out there.

It took many hours since I originally left HQ to arrive at the shore but when I did I untied the boat and moved it near the water. Throwing my bag into the boat I turned back to my horse and caressed his mane. I wiped a tear from my cheek and patted my horse's back signaling him to go back.

"I'll miss you, Onyx."

he whinnied in response as if acknowledging my words before galloping away.

I wasn't too worried about him making it back since our horses were trained to find a way back in case we ever didn't make it.

Stepping into the boat I grabbed the makeshift paddles and began to row.

I had my story made up for when I arrived to the unknown lands.

I would pretend to have suffered from amnesia the only thing I would claim to remember is my name and other small things that should be of importance as to not raise suspicion.

Hopefully one day I would return.

Alive, well, and with answers.