Chapter 8 (Yelena POV special)

It's a joke it has to be.

How could she have almost killed someone like Zeke?

I watched as the h/c zoned out.

I didn't trust her not one bit.

Ultimately I never expected for the fatal opponent Zeke had once mentioned to be a young girl.

He had told us about Levi Ackerman and his half-brother Eren but kept the details of Y/N L/N hidden until one day when he accidentally slipped. I was the only one who heard and he told me to never speak of it again.

While I analyzed the girl I noticed the way she was playing with the hem of her dress clenching onto it as if for dear life. Her plump pink lips were pressed together in a small unamused frown and although she seemed relaxed I knew people too well and caught on to the fact that she secretly didn't trust us either.

She definitely caught my attention I don't know why but she did. She looked like a princess, not a soldier. She didn't belong with us yet here she was.

Something seemed off about her aura, the way she carried herself, it was odd, all of her was just odd.

Who are you really Y/N L/N?

                    ———————————————

I was tired after a long day at headquarters but stopped in my tracks when I was met with a pair of e/c eyes.

"Do you have a moment?" Y/N said.

I noticed the envelope in her hand and nodded before I began walking away gesturing for her to follow.

When we entered my office I sat down waiting for what she was going to say but instead she just handed me the letter.

"You haven't read it?" I asked pointing at the unbroken seal.

"No, I wanted to wait for you to come back in case it's something important"

Carefully I began opening the seal and read through the letter.

I suddenly felt my blood run cold when I read the contents of the letter.

"I would like to ask for you to join me at the masquerade event being held Saturday to discuss our affairs regarding the matter of Zeke. I have not heard a name from you yet but do assume that I will be having the pleasure to meet a lovely young lady who shares the same goals as me."

Those two sentences were enough to make my blood boil. I could tell my anger was showing and as quickly as it appeared I hid it masking my expression with my calm one that I usually had.

Not only is she being put in danger but I could tell this man was going to want more than to discuss plans with her that evening when he saw her.

I continued reading and then reluctantly handed her the letter when I was finished.

I watched her expression as she read the letter. She nervously bit her bottom lip tugging and pulling on it with her teeth. Her eyes widened and then she finally spoke.

"He wants to meet me?"

There was a small pause.

"Saturday, that's in four days. We get to meet the man behind this after all" she said slightly excitedly still staring at the letter.