Chapter 9

I had finished dinner without any interruptions and decided to head back after saying goodnight to Onyankopon and the rest of the soldiers.

I was thankful he had let me be and didn't try to further interrogate me over the nail marks on my hands.

Quickly I walked past the halls until I found my room. All I wanted to was to crawl into my warm bed.

I threw the bloody gloves which I had carried all the way to dinner on my bathroom sink. Once again another pair of my beloved gloves had ended up soaked in my blood sitting in that sink.

I slipped out of my clothes and put on a flowy long sleeve white nightdress. I was about to jump on my bed but was stopped when I heard rustling and the sound of something crashing in the room next to mine.

To be more specific Yelena's room.

It wasn't my place to intrude but I could tell something was wrong.

I opted for getting up and knocking on the door because although I didn't really want to see her after what happened earlier I was still a bit worried.

I made my way over to her door and knocked. I stood outside and waited for a response but I got nothing.

"Yelena are you alright? I heard a loud crash I just wanted to make sure you're fine" I said loud enough for her to hear.

Finally, I heard a reply but all it was was a muffled sound and a grunt of pain.

I sighed. "I'm coming in"

Slowly I opened the door. My eyes immediately found the source of the ruckus. On the floor lay scattered pieces of glass from a whiskey bottle. I assumed it was empty as there were no remnants of the liquid anywhere. Next to the mess I saw Yelena slouched over staring at her bloody hand.

I closed the door behind me and ran to kneel next to the blonde. I let out a small groan as I felt a few pieces of glass lodge themselves into my knees.

Pushing aside the pain I put my attention on Yelena. She was on the verge of passing out and I could smell the alcohol on her breath.

"What happened, Yelena? Why drink this much?" I said trying to pull the woman up from the floor.

This task proved to be very difficult despite being strong I was struggling with her. She didn't Weigh a lot but her height was the problem as I didn't know where to grab on to. I pulled her arms over my shoulder and began pushing her up. Out of nowhere she pushed my shoulder and began leaning away from me. Due to the shift in weight I ended up tumbling on the floor with her on top of me.

"God, Yelena help me out here" I muttered rolling her over before attempting to pick her up again

Finally, I managed to pull her onto the bed.

"Leave me alone" she hissed trying to get up.

I was slightly irritated and pushed her down to lay against the headboard.

"Stay here while I go get some things." I said giving her a glare making sure she knew I wasn't playing.

Surprisingly she obliged and laid back closing her eyes.

I ran back to my room to grab some bandages and a few other things I kept for when I needed to tend to my own wounds.

As I walked out I noticed that the lights of the hall had been dimmed down meaning that most soldiers were back sleeping in their rooms.

I quietly stepped back into Yelena's room and closed the door softly.

I set the things down on the nightstand next to Yelena's bed and walked over to her desk dragging the chair to the side of her bed.