Chapter 18 (Yelena POV)

Warning!!! - mature content ahead please proceed with caution. Mentions of guns and death (please do not take this as a lesson and properly educate yourself before trying any of this at home which I hope you do not do in the first place)

I was worried about y/n. These feelings that I had were new and were distracting me from my duties.

I had wandered down the halls trying to calm myself down when I caught a glimpse of a figure turning the corner down the hall.

Pulling my gun out I cautiously followed after, suspicious of who it might be.

When I turned the corner I realized it was the very person who I owed my troubles to. I watched as she climbed up to the roof. For a moment I leaned against the wall wondering if I should just go back or follow her.

She probably hated me but my need to see her was greater.

My heart began racing as I reached the top. The sight before me making adrenaline pump through my veins.

Not having time to properly step onto the ground I pulled myself up and ran towards y/n.

"Y/n!" I yelled.

She wasn't responding to my calls and in that moment I saw her foot slip.

"Y/n!"

I lunged towards her wrapping my arm around her waist and pulling her back a bit to rough causing her to land on the floor.

"What are you doing?!" I scoffed still panicking from witnessing her so close to the edge.

I could tell I was glaring even when I was truly just shaken. She looked up at me with a saddened expression and replied.

"I'm not sure"

My expression softened noticing how distraught she looked.

"It's probably the effects of the drug. You shouldn't be out here! You could have fallen.." I stoped and noticed that she held a green bolo tie in her hand.

She wore a saddened smile softly entranced by the green stone swinging from the leather straps.

"What is that?" I asked.

"It was Erwin's bolo tie" she said softly

It all made sense now. We stood silent for a moment until she finally looked up at me.

"Why do you care so much if die?"

I felt my heart sink I had led her to believe that I hated her that I was willing to kill her and part of me still thought it was better that way.

I turned to her and painfully lied to her.

"I don't"

She smiled weekly. A bit of disappointment in her eyes.

"Then I guess it won't hurt you if I say goodbye in advance"

My heart sank.

I pushed her back climbing over her.

"If You are willing to give up so easily then I guess I was right about you, you don't deserve to be called a soldier you're just a scared little girl" I sneered.

She looked back at me calmly without a hint of anger or regret. Unlike the first time I said that she didn't try to do anything back. In that moment I knew there wouldn't be much left to do. I cautiously let go afraid that if I did she'd disappear before my eyes.